210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

A couple of things stood out to me when I was reading the list of tenants from a few posts earlier. Flying Biscuit (breakfast all day) sounds way cool as it is THE best meal of the day (as well as possibly the worst for you if you consume mass quantities of the typical fare as I tend to do, but I run it off so I can :) As Raintree alluded earlier all day as in 24 hours perhaps? Again, this is the best kind of food to pull that off. Second, I could see the CVS possibly being 24 hours as it is very close to Presby and CMC (not sure how late the Rite-Aid, formerly Eckerd, at Myers Park stays open). Third, has anyone eaten at Libretto's (NYC pizza)? Next to breakfast fare this is THE best comfort food, and if it's anything like Brooklyn Pizza in Stallings or Matthews I'm all in. The hip quotient shoots up a couple of notches for me if it's the only other location outside of NYC. Finally, could this project's success be the deciding factor for other retailers to come Uptown as there are more than just the typical eateries included in this list?

Uptown016.jpg

I am glad they decided to leave an opening or two on the short part of the basement along Trade (near the bus). There is not a single section (I'm defining that as the space between the pillars) that doesn't have an opening. While the site constraints have caused that awkward short section, which is hard fill with anything accessible from the street, the openings to the little rooms inside at least provide some depth for passers by other than a brick/block wall. I'm not sure if they are maintenance rooms, security offices, or what, but just the fact that it is a window into a room is better than the original plans.

It is great to see the names for all of the stores going in. We all knew they would mostly end up as restaurants and bars, but it is good to see some retailers that support the residents, like CVS. CVS not only is for pharmaceuticals, but they have a really good selection of miscellaneous convenience items that make it great for residents (milk, shampoo, Hallmark cards, etc.).

Contrary to what the webcam would suggest, time has indeed progressed on this project, and as has construction. It seems we have steel going up once again for the middle building, which has framing and insulation in the rear of the building. This is pretty strange in my opinion, the back half of the middle building has a good bit of progress done, but the front half of it is still adding steel, it is really bizarre. The have finally stopped dragging their ass on 210trade puring the columns today getting ready to see just how this tower is going to be oriented, and how its "slant" is going to look. I haven't yet found out from my guys what the trouble was. Next week I should be getting on site, but I doubt I will be allowed a camera, I might be able to sneak in my point and click however.

Edited by Guest

Contrary to what the webcam would suggest, time has indeed progressed on this project, and as has construction. It seems we have steel going up once again for the middle building, which has framing and insulation in the rear of the building. This is pretty strange in my opinion, the back half of the middle building has a good bit of progress done, but the front half of it is still adding steel, it is really bizarre. The have finally stopped dragging their ass on 210trade puring the columns today getting ready to see just how this tower is going to be oriented, and how its "slant" is going to look. I haven't yet found out from my guys what the trouble was. Next week I should be getting on site, but I doubt I will be allowed a camera, I might be able to sneak in my point and click however.

Thanks for the update, its sad the camera isn't up and has been leaving me blind on the project, but i guess the camera probally is coming last in priority in fixing the power on that corner. Yesterday I think it was, when i drove by, there were power crews at night working on the area. Oh and side note, since the camera isn't working, 210 doesn't have to pay for it. It's payed on a day to day basis of when it's turned on :blush:

I know the webcam is up now, to get everyone back up to date, but I have also went and taken some construction pictures from today for your viewing pleasure.

The Album Here.

As you can see, even though it is a Saturday, the site was swamped, construction everywhere in this block (Construction crews on all aspects of this project, Construction crews on the Trade St. Station paining the columns and closed off part of Trade St), and the Ritz all filled with construction crews:

09-22-07008.jpg

6 Stories and the columns for 7 are being poured right now. Notice the difference in heights of each floor.

09-22-07015.jpg

And Epicenter, should be ready for vendors soon!

09-22-07019.jpg

I don't think it has been said before, but it is something I've been thinking about recently. As much as is wrong with the Fourth St side of this project, Ghazi had originally asked the city for permission to tear down the trees. The new construction allowed those mature trees to remain. The streetscape may not be ideal, but having those trees will greatly redeem it.

There have been a ton of posts in this thread about possibly tenants. Here's the list that I have, just so we all have it in one place instead of spread over 57 pages of posts............................

Other:

CBS Radio Studios

aloft Hotel (a W Suite-Hotel)

When you say CBS Radio studios does that mean WLNK & WBT?

Wondering if Bob and Sheri will be in a big fishbowl so we can go by and make faces at them!

And Epicenter, should be ready for vendors soon!

09-22-07019.jpg

I really like the contrast of the Epicentre with all the buildings in the background.

When you say CBS Radio studios does that mean WLNK & WBT?

Wondering if Bob and Sheri will be in a big fishbowl so we can go by and make faces at them!

Actually, WLNK and WBT are owned by Lincoln Financial (even though the latter is affiliated with CBS News radio).

The CBS-owned Radio stations in Charlotte are WSOC-FM (103.7), WFNZ/WFNA-AM (610/1660), WBAV-FM (101.9), WKQC-FM (104.7), WNKS-FM (95.1) and WPEG-FM (97.9)

It's good to see the pillars rising again for the next level on the Oxblue webcam.

Also, if you notice the steel going in for the expansion at the Epicenter towards the bridge. Can't wait until the pedestrian bridge is connected and can be functional. Also notice the pillars have been poured for the hotel side as well as condo side. It seems that they almost may build these 2 projects hand-in-hand.

EDIT: Does anyone know what is currently going on the floor that construction is currently on? It is very complex in design from the cement structures that are being formed. Movie theater?

Edited by Andyc545

You can see on the webcam for this project that they have made a lot of progress on the part of EpiCenter that has been put on hold for some time now. Looks like most of the steel frame is now up for the smaller retail portion of EpiCenter so I would imagine it will begin to be finished out rather quickly from this point forward.

EDIT: Does anyone know what is currently going on the floor that construction is currently on? It is very complex in design from the cement structures that are being formed. Movie theater?

Thats the condo tower, specifically the first 4 condos and the indoor section of the amneties deck. This includes the 2 story work out environment, the wine cellar, the aquaclub, the club, and the media room. The movie theatre is the 2 story section of the building closest to 4th street.

post-17104-1191016756_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Thats the condo tower, specifically the first 4 condos and the indoor section of the amneties deck. This includes the 2 story work out environment, the wine cellar, the aquaclub, the club, and the media room. The movie theatre is the 2 story section of the building closest to 4th street.

post-17104-1191016756_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info and pic. Now that it's been moving forward more today, it makes more sence now that it is a floor to the condo tower, and its the unique area that is at the bottom portion.

I was at the stoplight coming up Trade across College, and got to looking really hard at the side of Epicenter. On the fourth floor there is a metal railing and every eight feet or so is the name of the complex written in metal also. From four floors below, and squinting my eyes to make it out, I swear it was spelled EPICENTRE...

I was at the stoplight coming up Trade across College, and got to looking really hard at the side of Epicenter. On the fourth floor there is a metal railing and every eight feet or so is the name of the complex written in metal also. From four floors below, and squinting my eyes to make it out, I swear it was spelled EPICENTRE...

Yes, the railing does spell that. Not to burst your bubble, but they've been there for probably 2 months now. :)