210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

I was at the stoplight coming up Trade across College, and got to looking really hard at the side of Epicenter. On the fourth floor there is a metal railing and every eight feet or so is the name of the complex written in metal also. From four floors below, and squinting my eyes to make it out, I swear it was spelled EPICENTRE...

Hasn't it always been spelled this way? I mean, except for whoever started this thread...but the actual project has always been named this...

I was at the stoplight coming up Trade across College, and got to looking really hard at the side of Epicenter. On the fourth floor there is a metal railing and every eight feet or so is the name of the complex written in metal also. From four floors below, and squinting my eyes to make it out, I swear it was spelled EPICENTRE...

Hasn't it always been spelled this way? I mean, except for whoever started this thread...but the actual project has always been named this...

yup...Go to Ghazi's website and you will find that it is spelled as EPICENTRE or EpiCentre

Edited by dxartist

I wouldn't worry to much about construction looking slow at this point, they are still making progress on it. I think most of ther effort on this project right now is dedicated to getting the Epicenter portion opened ASAP. With Turner manning the helm as GC on the Retail portion its probably madness for RJ just to move in and go crazy on there portion right now. Don't want these guys to but heads with one another, then this project wouldn't move at all. The progress of the first four to five floors of TTT are going to take awile anyway, just like the new Wachovia tower, thats from RJ Griffin, and I do quote Slower... Once Turner wraps up there part then the condo and hotel portion will go at a lot faster pace than what we are seeing now.

This is a random question, but one I've been wondering for awhile. If the movie theater will be under, or in the proximity, of the condo pool/amenities deck, will you be able to feel the bass from the theaters while swimming in the pool? It would seem like you could unless there is some crazy good insulation that block out even low frequency vibrations used in the theaters.

"Looks like they're starting to put up steel at Aloft."

>> Not only that, but I noticed driving by that they have actually began installing some of the windows, also!!

This is a random question, but one I've been wondering for awhile. If the movie theater will be under, or in the proximity, of the condo pool/amenities deck, will you be able to feel the bass from the theaters while swimming in the pool? It would seem like you could unless there is some crazy good insulation that block out even low frequency vibrations used in the theaters.

>> I also thought it was a rather odd place for a movie theater- that is, having livable areas above it. I think a good explanation is that this is concrete construction. Concrete prevents most waves from passing through, so bass, noise, and light.... I've seen cars that produce more bass it appears in a small car than in an open theater, so I think the reason you won't feel or hear or see anything in the amenities deck is for reasons along those lines. I could open up my Physics books for more, but we wouldn't all want to hurt are brains tonight...

You'll never even be able to tell. We just built one here in Orlando on the second/third floor of a three tower complex, the floor above is offices. Reinforced or post tensioned concrete is a very good insulator. Without getting into the structral explanation you can suffice it to say that the tensile properties of this combination sheds vibrations fairly well while tuning out certain frequecies that would otherwise cause noticable disruptions.

In the Construction Cam, it seems there is a lot of construction over on aLoft now. Is the remainder of the building supposed to be steel construction? It looks like steel beams are being layed out and rested on the last cement columns. If this is the case, floors should begin going up much quicker than it has taken for the concrete.

They've also started putting in the windows on the floors that have been poured already.

Epicentre has announced another bar called Howl at the Moon. It is a dueling piano bar. I wonder how it will do cause supposedly one is also going in on Central as well. More details can be found at Charlotte.com.

Edited by Raintree21

They've also started putting in the windows on the floors that have been poured already.

Epicentre has announced another bar called Howl at the Moon. It is a dueling piano bar. I wonder how it will do cause supposedly one is also going in on Central as well. More details can be found at Charlotte.com.

Ah- the dueling piano bar. There was one of those at Myrtle Beach and also one up on Lake Norman. Didn't actually go to either but they seemed to be quite popular. Makes for a good attraction for our city, and that excites me. As far as the windows- read 4 posts back :thumbsup: .

Ah- the dueling piano bar. There was one of those at Myrtle Beach and also one up on Lake Norman. Didn't actually go to either but they seemed to be quite popular. Makes for a good attraction for our city, and that excites me. As far as the windows- read 4 posts back :thumbsup: .

I, for one, am really looking forward to Howl at the Moon. There's one in San Antonio (where I will actually be tomorrow, in fact) that I have been to. Sam's Uptune Saloon was a wonderful spot, but was closed and re-opened as Buckhead. I have also been to many other piano bars, and always have fun. I never really understood why Sam's closed -- it was constantly packed and everyone was having a great time. I will be happy to see a sing-a-long piano bar back in uptown.

Assuming the construction doesn't kill off the trees, or the drought for that matter, they should get plenty of late afternoon sun as they are completely exposed to the western sky, especially once the windows are put up on epicentre which will reflect light even more.

Edited by aussie luke

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...ewscolumn3.html

It appears that Whiskey River will open in January as the first round of tenants opening.

The article mostly references the entertainment options opening, but it is clear that the first building (Trade and College) is moving toward an opening in 3 months.

It appears that Whiskey River will open in January as the first round of tenants opening.

The article mostly references the entertainment options opening, but it is clear that the first building (Trade and College) is moving toward an opening in 3 months.

I thought they were hoping to open up Epicentre this fall.

I think Epicentre was anticipating an opening in Fall for moving in the first tenants, I didn't think it was to the public though, just set up time. They have a lot of work to do before then, and they will have to add extra security precautions given the site will still be a construction zone.