210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

^^^But I still like giving previews...

Actually it opens to those on their "mailing list" tomorrow and the public on friday. They did say that they will be using the green color, someone else will have to elaborate on that, I was busy taking these.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Crown from the front:

large.jpg

Crown from the back:

large.jpg

Model looks great

:yahoo:

Edited by Mobuchu

I love the idea that that roof will be full of table for lunchtime and evenings, so that you can be surrounded by towers while you eat and drink.

I'm glad that the green glass will be a part of the project. It'll really add a touch of newness and color to that end of the skyline.

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

great pictures, mo. i do like the looks of this project... i just wish the "loft" (hotel) building would loosen up. i mean the rest of the block will be pretty sharp and mod. i think the designers of the "loft" could have been alot more adventurous. that tint of glass should make for an even more spectacular sunset and sunrise. and as long as they go "lite" on the stucco (god, i wish it was just glass, concrete and steel) i will be very happy.

one puzzling thing about the layout (siteplan). i know alot of people here are keen for new development to be street friendly. from this model, i wonder how you guys feel about this? when i think of good accessability to foot traffic - i think of the hearst tower plaza... very inviting and open. this model seems to be somewhat less inviting to the street... even from it's previous renderings (plans). don't get me wrong i am much happier with the overall scenario than earlier designs. i can't wait to see the skeleton of this thing rising.

So does EpiCentre include construction of Monorail lines thru uptown or something? ha....

Essentially, yes... it's located right at the Trade Street station on the South (blue line) transit corridor. Not monorail, but LRT - which is actually better, IMO.

Essentially, yes... it's located right at the Trade Street station on the South (blue line) transit corridor. Not monorail, but LRT - which is actually better, IMO.

I think he was joking about their use of a monorail in the model instead of a LRT system.

As far as street retail presence, College looks good to me, Trade looks awkward, and 4th is pretty pathetic......4th is going to be pretty pedestrian unfriendly......front by CTC with lots of bus traffic, EpiCentre with no involvement on 4th, Charlotte Plaza and parking deck with no access from 4th, the BB&T buildings (though at least the branch entrance is oriented to 4th) and the butt of the Omni hotel, which is blank wall.....combine this with the high traffic volume and speeds, and 4th will be the least pedestrian friendly street downtown east of Tryon.

As far as street retail presence, College looks good to me, Trade looks awkward, and 4th is pretty pathetic......4th is going to be pretty pedestrian unfriendly......front by CTC with lots of bus traffic, EpiCentre with no involvement on 4th, Charlotte Plaza and parking deck with no access from 4th, the BB&T buildings (though at least the branch entrance is oriented to 4th) and the butt of the Omni hotel, which is blank wall.....combine this with the high traffic volume and speeds, and 4th will be the least pedestrian friendly street downtown east of Tryon.

Most pedestrian unfriendly has to be 3rd (I think) that goes by Wachovia. Cars going super-fast one way and you have to step into the street to pass underneath the trestle. I've made that wrong turn when walking a few times and have been scared out of my wits by it. Or, am I thinking of 4th? Each time I encounter the situation, it boggles my mind. Caldwell is that way too on one side across from ParkIt. The sidewalk just disappears at one point.

Well they do advertise themselves as an urban resort :)

This model was built to sell residential units, not to attract retail tenants or provide future aloft patrons an idea what their accomodations will be like. To that affect, the residential tower is stunning. Hopefully I will be able to say the same about the retail and hotel portions when I see marketing material promoting those portions.

e7.....that phantom sidewalk on Brevard across from the Park It! office is my single greatest pet peeve in Uptown.

Still no clarification on the theater or bowling alley?? I would think with "reps" now available for questions on 210, someone would have asked questions and found out more concrete answers on the amenities planned for the epicenter portion. 210 is stunning though..I agree this is going to give Vue a run for the money, but I still think the demographic or perhaps the mind-set of the buyers for this will be slightly different from the Vue. Perhaps the two are not head on head competitors. Also, any idea on nighttime lighting for the tower?? Green perhaps (like Park Place condo in Atl).

They say that the movie theatre and bowling alley are still part of the project. Hopefully that is really the case. I think it was posted earlier that BMG should be managing the bar and possibly the theatre, so that would be good, as the money will stay locally.

As the the street level friendliness, the idea has always been to get people walking into the project. They take advantage of grade changes to get people walking along the 2 story retail on trade in order to get to the LRT station. They also seem to be focusing a lot on those alleyways between the 4 buildings. I don't think this will be amazing from the general streets, but I think overall, this will have a very European feel with walking through pedestrian alleyways that curve and have retail and street dining, etc.