210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Just dreaming/fantasizing/hoping/whatever-ing but I really want the building to be constructed on top of the Epicentre to be some significantly different skyline shape for Charlotte.  Considering the location and it being already used by media as an image of the city - how cool if it was some kind of tower (even 20 stories) that was an interesting shape in itself.   

I tend to agree. I wouldn't mind something smaller in height if it was a wild, interesting design.

I actually liked 210 trade. 

I did too and still do - if built to original planned height which gave it some style in itself..   I just don't think we're going to get a 50+ story building there anymore. (Please let me be wrong.)

If we end up with something only 20-30 stories I'm not so sure a half version of the original design will work as well.      

I did too and still do - if built to original planned height which gave it some style in itself..   I just don't think we're going to get a 50+ story building there anymore. (Please let me be wrong.)

If we end up with something only 20-30 stories I'm not so sure a half version of the original design will work as well.      

See above, I photoshopped it down to 33 floors.

I think one of the cooler aspects of the tower that will not change is the fact that the edges are not parallel and perpendicular (or 45 degrees) to the street grid like all of the other towers. I think that will be something subtle that will make this building stand out.

Reading through the CO article today about the Epicentre being for sale, hopefully the new owners have a more retail (e.g. non bar/restaurant) mindset... Revolution leaving certainly opens an opportunity for that. Especially with another hotel tower going up, you need something else to draw people in..

Reading through the CO article today about the Epicentre being for sale, hopefully the new owners have a more retail (e.g. non bar/restaurant) mindset... Revolution leaving certainly opens an opportunity for that. Especially with another hotel tower going up, you need something else to draw people in..

I would love for something mainstream like Banana Republic or JCrew or something homegrown like Paul Simon or Taylor Richards and Conger to open up. Something well established and wellknown. That would be the catalyst downtown needs. Anyone know the square footage of Revolution?

My only problem with the article is that they (the owner of Revolution and the Observer) made it sound like it was the new managers of the Epicentre's fault that the condo wasn't built or that retail (shopping) hasn't worked there.   I just wish they would have laid the blame where it belonged: Ghazi!   

I would love for something mainstream like Banana Republic or JCrew or something homegrown like Paul Simon or Taylor Richards and Conger to open up. Something well established and wellknown. That would be the catalyst downtown needs. Anyone know the square footage of Revolution?

6,000 SqFt

I wonder if a place like Bath & Body could work in epicenter or uptown in general. Nice store to do Christmas & birthday shopping.

And I'd assume the hotel tower won't resemble 210 Condos at all.

Could uptown absorb a 50 story hotel tower? There's a chance it could be two hotels stacked and the structure could support a 50 story structure.

I wonder if the current owners will be Able to construct a tower cheaper considering they acquired epicenter maybe at A good price (I'm not sure) and a complete foundation allowing the owners to build something taller than they would were it not complete?

I bet the tower will be around 24 floors personally

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I think you are dead on with these type of stores. A Banana Republic or J. Crew would work incredibly. However, do they ever do stand alone stores?

I think you are dead on with these type of stores. A Banana Republic or J. Crew would work incredibly. However, do they ever do stand alone stores?

They do, and Banana has a precedent for being the first store in places. They did it in downtown Savannah, which is now a hot bed for shopping.

Edited by Guest

I've been hearing since December the management of Golds Gym saying that there was gong to be announcement in 1Q of 2014 and 40 stories.

But this was on wsoctv last night:

Marketing materials also say, "Development of an additional hotel on-site expected to commence in 2014, creating increased density and traffic at the center," which would be in addition to the Aloft hotel.

But a spokesman told Eyewitness News by email that a new hotel is actually still being evaluated.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/epicentre-sale-after-100m-recent-upgrades/nc2DB/

I've been hearing since December the management of Golds Gym saying that there was gong to be announcement in 1Q of 2014 and 40 stories.

But this was on wsoctv last night:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/epicentre-sale-after-100m-recent-upgrades/nc2DB/

In the airline industry If you hear rumors like that from flight attendants, mechanics, gate agents or pilots, it's usually just a rumor.

Also in the airline industry, for example American/US merger, they brush off rumors of merger until the day of the announcement.

Hopefully they just told eyewitness news it's being "evaluated" because they're not ready to disclose yet?