210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

The guy they interviewed "it's not gonna happen" he seems like a real expert hahaha, that was hilarious and so fake. As far as rumors go and what gold's gym management knows, I think its best for all of us to wait for announcement. The amount of "pending" projects uptown is just staggering at this point.

• Like 1

I've been hearing since December the management of Golds Gym saying that there was gong to be announcement in 1Q of 2014 and 40 stories.

But this was on wsoctv last night:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/epicentre-sale-after-100m-recent-upgrades/nc2DB/

In the airline industry If you hear rumors like that from flight attendants, mechanics, gate agents or pilots, it's usually just a rumor.

Also in the airline industry, for example American/US merger, they brush off rumors of merger until the day of the announcement.

Hopefully they just told eyewitness news it's being "evaluated" because they're not ready to disclose y

Yeah thats why I did not post it until now.

In the airline industry If you hear rumors like that from flight attendants, mechanics, gate agents or pilots, it's usually just a rumor.

Also in the airline industry, for example American/US merger, they brush off rumors of merger until the day of the announcement.

Ditto on the railroad.  "Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see."

I hate when local news media interviews people unfamiliar with real estate.  You can't believe they purchased the property for pennies on the dollar to foreclose, invest a little money, sign some new leases and get some traction on a hotel site on the property and now is a perfect time to cash out?  Yes, really surprising that they could take a ton of money from an investor looking to park a lot of money in a non-core market.

• 1 month later...

In some Epicentre news:

- The Vida expansion is coming along nicely, they have a website now http://thevidavida.com/ looks like itll be a fun little nice weather drinking spot

- They're doing a lot of construction for the new greek place, Corfu (across from La Tagliatella), seems to be moving along quickly now. Also looks like it'll have a nice patio.

Not too many empty spaces left in the Epi now!!! There aren't really any major empty slots I'd like to see taken, itll be interesting to see if they can fill the entire thing.

http://files.charlottecentercity.org/2014-Center-City-Development-Report.pdf

This has to be one of the worse annual Center City Development maps as far as new details go. There usually has been something interesting in the annual development maps but it doesn't seem so this year.

It does reiterate a hotel breaking ground at the epicenter by the end of this year... Though how reliable that is considering they're going based off the marketing brochure like a poster here discovered, who knows...

• Like 1

This has to be one of the worse annual Center City Development maps as far as new details go. There usually has been something interesting in the annual development maps but it doesn't seem so this year.

It does reiterate a hotel breaking ground at the epicenter by the end of this year... Though how reliable that is considering they're going based off the marketing brochure like a poster here discovered, who knows...

Agree....this is 36 pages of: aaaaaand? What else ya got? I just wish some of the more....'speculative' and in-limbo projects would either have had, A) More Information B) Been left off or C) What stage of development it is ACTUALLY in.

Edited by Jayvee

I completely disagree!!!

There is a beautiful new rendering of the Carolina Theatre, First Ward Park and Levine's Apartments.

I completely disagree!!!

There is a beautiful new rendering of the Carolina Theatre, First Ward Park and Levine's Apartments.

I have to admit I started crying reading these posts as I suddenly became nostalgic for At the Movies with Siskel & Ebert.   That said I kind of feel like nothing "new" was shown.  By "new" I meant nothing new of substance that I would bet any money on the final product looking like the depiction for those project mentioned (Carolina Theatre, First Ward Park and Levine's Apartments.)

See you next time in the balcony!  

• 1 month later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/04/sources-cim-group-agreesto-purchase-epicentre.html?page=2

210 Trade sold.

"A rooftop development site will not be included in the sale, according to HFF."

:(

I hope plans are still in the works with CIM Group.

I think what that means is that the air rights aren't included in the sale, so Vision will still retain control of that. At least that's how I interpret it. 

So the owner of Epicentre sold a portion of the project to Noble Investments, which operates the Aloft Hotel on the site for $3mm.  I'm unclear whether they were selling them Aloft condo building, or if this was related to the air-rights.  My guess is they bought the actual "condo" that the Aloft hotel is in.

• 4 weeks later...

Worst. Base. Ever.

I had the opportunity to talk to the guy who developed that building.  I explained to him that the underground entrance / exit of that building was a horrible example of what an urban building should be.  The street presence was reduced to -0-, no curbside activity, almost like it did not exist!  He explained that it was a different time back then, and the design was actually considered cutting edge and progressive.  He did conclude by saying that couldn't be build now.

I had the opportunity to talk to the guy who developed that building.  I explained to him that the underground entrance / exit of that building was a horrible example of what an urban building should be.  The street presence was reduced to -0-, no curbside activity, almost like it did not exist!  He explained that it was a different time back then, and the design was actually considered cutting edge and progressive.  He did conclude by saying that couldn't be build now.

I guess I can add "urbanism" to my list of things that the baby-boomers ruined.   :whistling:

• Like 2