210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Just now, Windsurfer said:

You're right. There isn't. I mistook those two yellow arms (backhoe looking things) for a boom. My bad.

oh! no worries. I was confused. What you see occurring on the roof is they have established their staging area in the roof. They will be using this area to store equipment, and it appears they are actually building forms to start pouring, which is JUST AS EXCITING as pouring itself. Though I admit we will rejoice when they start pouring!

14 minutes ago, mpretori said:

I find it ominous that construction with this project last time being halted due to the recession. Now with markets melting down, construction might be put off again on another attempt. Wonder what effects the market will have of Charlotte. 

What am I missing?  What markets?

Edited by caterpillar2

1 hour ago, mpretori said:

I find it ominous that construction with this project last time being halted due to the recession. Now with markets melting down, construction might be put off again on another attempt. Wonder what effects the market will have of Charlotte. 

Are you hearing something that indicates this project may be in jeopardy?

Financial markets and macroeconomic fundamentals are two different things.  The American Economny is fundamentally healthy. Financial markets and the economy are just out of sync at the current time.

1 minute ago, Midwoodian said:

Are you hearing something that indicates this project may be in jeopardy?

Financial markets and macroeconomic fundamentals are two different things.  The American Economny is fundamentally healthy. Financial markets and the economy are just out of sync at the current time.

Yeah it's not a fair assessment to think a hotel is in trouble because of early year jitters. This is gonna be a positive year for the country. 

• Like 1

Be it a chain or not, even with Maddio's present uptown,  I look forward to this place. These type of design-your-own pizza chains are popular in other urban areas and Charlotte is lacking in the "chipotle-of-pizza" type joints that are found every few blocks in other metros. Even Fuel Pizza has opened a similar concept in DC called Custom Fuel. My favorite has been &pizza, also in DC. Pieology is essentially the same thing. Just can't vouch for the quality because I haven't had it. Blaze Pizza, coming to SouthEnd, is very similar too.