210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

9 minutes ago, grodney said:

I don't recall if the pop-up kiosk and diner talk was in this thread or somewhere else.....but anyway here are some pics from this morning.  Oh and also the AT&T store at the top of the escalator is all cleared out.

Diner is looking good! Should open late next month. The kiosks are a great idea and I hope the execution is solid (which knowing Epi, it wont be). Here is one of the hotel construction

IMG_9939.JPG

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

^The black construction safety netting has created a rather interesting semi-enclosed feel to the Epicenter courtyard. I think there are some very nifty things they could do up there once the netting is gone, in terms of stringing across structure or lighting.

Agreeed!!! I feel the same way. I am talking to some folks over there about exploring some ideas. Itll be 2018 before anything would happen, but still haha

5 hours ago, tozmervo said:

^The black construction safety netting has created a rather interesting semi-enclosed feel to the Epicenter courtyard. I think there are some very nifty things they could do up there once the netting is gone, in terms of stringing across structure or lighting.

That is a good idea. Some type of paper lantern lights or something zig zagging overhead would really liven the place up some more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Crown said:

An Arizona-based healthy fast-casual restaurant chain is opening in the Epicentre as franchise expansion plans ramp up across the country.

View the menu here: http://grabbagreen.com/menu/

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/06/02/healthy-fast-casual-chain-looks-to-open-five.html

Very cool... Prices? Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

Less than stellar design aside, this thing will have a commanding presence from Trade.

20160617_185536.jpg

I don't mind the design, and I love the fact that its at an angle. Its going to be a very tall hotel 

I feel like this project has been under appreciated re: skyline.  It's going to add a ton of height, but seems to have flown under the radar.  Maybe people are still licking wounds or are still skeptical about what's included in final delivery.  Either way, I'm liking this thing more and more each day.

On June 20, 2016 at 0:42 PM, go_vertical said:

Less than stellar design aside, this thing will have a commanding presence from Trade.

20160617_185536.jpg

As enormous as 6 floors of hotel looks on top of the base of Epicenter. Can you imagine how massive 48 floors of condos would have looked!?

2 hours ago, Midwoodian said:

From the renderings, I count an additional 17 floors to be added to the Epicenter with this project? Is that correct?  If so, it appears they have another 11/12 floors to go?

I think he's just talking about the way it looks as of right now, but you are correct in that there are still many more floors to go.

3 hours ago, Midwoodian said:

From the renderings, I count an additional 17 floors to be added to the Epicenter with this project? Is that correct?  If so, it appears they have another 11/12 floors to go?

There's 11 more floors to go, plus an extra tall top floor and decoration on top.