210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Security seems to be lacking - I workout at Golds and last night on the way in and on the way out I witnessed arguments that looked as if they could result in a fight and security was no where in sight.

They need to be stationed in the main area all the times as well as patrolling.  A few weeks ago i witnessed a brawl between 2 different groups of people that started on the upper levels and then

worked its way down to the main area outside of CVS and again no security in sight - I had to go find the valet to call security.  It seems every night I am there someone asks for money but now it

is to the point they are aggressive and do not take a simple no for an answer.  It is only a matter of time  before someone gets hurt at this place.   Epicenter also appears to be in decay if you look

closely at the staircases they are very weathered. 

As a resident of uptown and frequent pedestrian the amount of people that ask for money has increased substantially lately and they are often

the same people  - and as I said they do not take a simple "sorry" or "no" as an answer.   They continue to follow you and continue to ask. 

And the street shelters on Tryon Street with the Hollywood lights look very outdated - something from Carowinds from the 1970's.

Maybe its time to see those removed and/or replaced before the RNC.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, midtownclt said:

And the street shelters on Tryon Street with the Hollywood lights look very outdated - something from Carowinds from the 1970's.

Hell no. These things have (obviously) been here for decades and are a small but nice part of uptown's history. I love these things. Not everything has to be shiny and new for Pete's sake. They're little sprinkles if the past where everything else has been destroyed. 

Everything that is now cherished as historical, antique, etc was once only  slightly dated. Thank God for foresight and patience. 

1 hour ago, midtownclt said:

Security seems to be lacking - I workout at Golds and last night on the way in and on the way out I witnessed arguments that looked as if they could result in a fight and security was no where in sight.

They need to be stationed in the main area all the times as well as patrolling.  A few weeks ago i witnessed a brawl between 2 different groups of people that started on the upper levels and then

worked its way down to the main area outside of CVS and again no security in sight - I had to go find the valet to call security.  It seems every night I am there someone asks for money but now it

is to the point they are aggressive and do not take a simple no for an answer.  It is only a matter of time  before someone gets hurt at this place.   Epicenter also appears to be in decay if you look

closely at the staircases they are very weathered. 

As a resident of uptown and frequent pedestrian the amount of people that ask for money has increased substantially lately and they are often

the same people  - and as I said they do not take a simple "sorry" or "no" as an answer.   They continue to follow you and continue to ask. 

Agreed pretty much across the board. It just looks rough around the edges and looks neglected. As for the fights, I agree that walking around almost no matter where, it seems like there are constant arguments and near brawls. I hate the epicentre and it is such a shame. 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, KJHburg said:

I think an uptown Waffle House at the Epicenter would be great.  It would do great business.  Downtown Atlanta has one as does downtown Wilmington. 

It would do good business but also have unprecedented levels of ratchet-ness

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 8:57 AM, KJHburg said:

I think an uptown Waffle House at the Epicenter would be great.  It would do great business.  Downtown Atlanta has one as does downtown Wilmington. 

Makes me think back to my old days partying late on Saturday night in DC.   After the bars and clubs closed in the wee hours . . . time for pancakes and eggs!

9 hours ago, Jayvee said:

They’ve already tried that with kiosks inside the epicenter and it was a failure. Which bus stops??

The old bus shelters along Trade and Tryon that are mostly used for homeless camping sites right now. I assumed that's what was being discussed. It doesn't really affect Epicenter that much, so maybe it's a bit off topic. From what I've heard it's just a pilot program right now, so only one or two locations to start with... but if successful it could be expanded quite a bit. That being said, there aren't all that many of them, but I still think it would be a good idea.

https://goo.gl/maps/sKdjL3g9SE82

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

The old bus shelters along Trade and Tryon that are mostly used for homeless camping sites right now. I assumed that's what was being discussed. It doesn't really affect Epicenter that much, so maybe it's a bit off topic. From what I've heard it's just a pilot program right now, so only one or two locations to start with... but if successful it could be expanded quite a bit. That being said, there aren't all that many of them, but I still think it would be a good idea.

https://goo.gl/maps/sKdjL3g9SE82

Ohhhh awesome. This is a great idea. 

• Like 1

I still think even a small mock-up at a department store would KILL here in terms of profit. The Belk Express in the overstreet mall might have been a joke when it existed but if they took up a larger footprint in a less-solvent club here they could stock it with all-clothing and make money hand over fist. The lack of wearable dry goods in uptown is a wonder and ANYthing that makes a dent in that would be moticed, esp. in what's still a prime destination now despite its security and repair problems.

Just so long as it's *ONE* store that does crazily well, as it would support the entertainment offerings and not take away from their space and focus.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

anywhere in uptown a Waffle House would do great.  Epicenter would be great if not there how about on the bottom of one of these parking garages in empty shell retail spaces?  Downtown Wilmington has one here is their's right on Front St. Everyone likes a Waffle House their coffee is great!  To be a true city and uptown for all we need restaurants in all price ranges.   Downtown Atlanta has one too!  

IMG_9411.JPG

Downtown Atlanta has 4 lol. Downtown Athens also has a very nice one.

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Temeteron said:

No offense, but Waffle House is probably the worst breakfast place I’ve ever eaten at.  There are way better diners around town: Landmark Diner, Skyland, Redeye, Midnight, BigView Diner,  Stacks, etc.  

Oh its not a breakfast place. Its a 3am drunken place.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Oh its not a breakfast place. Its a 3am drunken place.

Yeah and it’s awful.  It’s sad that in the U.S. we have such low standards for late night food.  In Europe you should see the late night options and even in NY.  It’s not just frozen drive thru food and eggs.  We need to raise our standards. 

4 hours ago, Temeteron said:

No offense, but Waffle House is probably the worst breakfast place I’ve ever eaten at.  There are way better diners around town: Landmark Diner, Skyland, Redeye, Midnight, BigView Diner,  Stacks, etc.  

Well now you’re just trying to start a fight. We go to Landmark and Stack’s only because they might be more convenient at times, never because we prefer them. Once you’ve had WF hash browns there is no going back. 

• Like 1