{advertisement="MMFP"} 210 Trade | EpiCentre - Page 144 - Charlotte - UrbanPlanet.org Jump to content

monsoon

210 Trade | EpiCentre

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

This thread is funny.  This is how I interpret some of these comments above. “Epicentre got ghetto”. 

I don't think my friend being mugged and physically assaulted is funny. I know some businesses who made deliveries in the area told their drivers to be armed due to the crime.  The exodus of businesses started before COVID and unless the crime isn't addressed and dealt with, the exodus will likely continue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeanClt said:

Yeah I thought that would be brought up. People just don’t really like taking the bus. People have expressed their concern for the CTC, (a bus hub) in this thread and its correlation to violence. The Transit Center doesn’t help very much when it comes to connection IMO. I may be wrong, but I haven’t seen much bus activity or people riding the bus to go to the mall or other places in South Park. It may be just me though and I’m just not seeing the whole picture.

I always see people waiting there, but it's mostly employees of the mall and surrounding areas.  I think that is where the disconnect is, public transit should be primarily for people to get to and from work.  You could make the argument for access to critical services as well, but mass transit's intended use isn't' really shopping.

Edited by SoDoSoPa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

I don't think my friend being mugged and physically assaulted is funny. I know some businesses who made deliveries in the area told their drivers to be armed due to the crime.  The exodus of businesses started before COVID and unless the crime isn't addressed and dealt with, the exodus will likely continue. 

A quick look at https://www.crimemapping.com/ shows there are way more assaults and crime in the SP mall area than around the CTC.  I know that get's in the way of the narrative you are pushing, but take a look for yourself. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SoDoSoPa said:

A quick look at https://www.crimemapping.com/ shows there are way more assaults and crime in the SP mall area than around the CTC.  I know that get's in the way of the narrative you are pushing, but take a look for yourself. 

Feel free to visit Epicenter's remaining tenants if you want. I won't step foot in the area. Life is about choices, if you choose to go there, that is of your choosing. 

Epicentre has more violent crime than anywhere in Charlotte. Now, police plan changes.

Edited by urbanlover568
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

Calm down, guy/gal...wasn’t aimed at you. I’ve had plenty of friends that have worked there over the years including one being mugged too. I know it’s serious. I’m just saying in this sensitive world we live in, ppl are being politically correct on here...just call it as it is and don’t beat around the bush. 

I agree with you, the problem started way before Covid. Hence my original comment the owners wanted to do transition tenants for a long time. Enso didn’t like where it was headed and got out early. Downhill ever since. 

39 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Calm down, guy/gal...wasn’t aimed at you. I’ve had plenty of friends that have worked there over the years including one being mugged too. I know it’s serious. I’m just saying in this sensitive world we live in, ppl are being politically correct on here...just call it as it is and don’t beat around the bush. 

I agree with you, the problem started way before Covid. Hence my original comment the owners wanted to do transition tenants for a long time. Enso didn’t like where it was headed and got out early. Downhill ever since. 

Enso was my favorite :)  Did they relocate or move? 

This once thriving entertainment center is a ghost town.   It is really sad to see the cobblestone growing grass between it :tw_bawling:

20201214_163428.jpg

20201214_162713.jpg

20201214_162716.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5