210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

22 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article259855875.html#storylink=mainstage_lead

Epicentre update. Sounds like this is heading in the right direction with a rebrand, renovation, and new tenants. Looking forward to the new renderings and tenant announcements. 

First and foremost is the announcement on capital improvements to the center...can't attract tenants and ultimately customers with a crappy looking property!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article259855875.html#storylink=mainstage_lead

Epicentre update. Sounds like this is heading in the right direction with a rebrand, renovation, and new tenants. Looking forward to the new renderings and tenant announcements. 

Are the renovations being carried out by the lender and servicer right now... with the new buyer in the auction to assume responsibility of seeing it through to completion? 

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Epicentre update. Sounds like this is potentially* heading in the right direction with a rebrand, renovation, and new tenants. Looking forward to the new renderings and tenant announcements. 

I fully expect this to be successful (note this is not blue). 

• Like 4

"She said security remains a concern at Epicentre and uptown Charlotte. Epicentre employs 12 to 20 armed and unarmed security guards daily, she said."

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article259855875.html#storylink=cpy

Is Security still so bad even now in its mostly vacant state that it is necessary to cite a poor security situation requiring 12-20 armed and unarmed guards so close to the auction?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am putting all my money on Epicenter at the Kentucky Derby today.  How about you?   Epicenter for the win!  The good luck might rub off on our own Epicenter. 

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/258641/epicenter-favored-in-early-kentucky-derby-wagering

Update Epicenter came in 2nd after this dark horse RichStrike came from behind  80-1 favorite 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

The auction today was canceled and moved to July. No reason given.

Anybody have inside scoop on what is going on?

I heard the CIM Group (foreclosed upon owners) might have something to do with this. I've dealt with them in other states in major cities and their capricious behavior as an org is a trip...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Joe Bruno on twitter says source suggests it could be attempt to make resolution with borrower or a third party willing to take assignment of debt in return for $$$. Other options of course.

God, so CIM is trying to keep it? Who thinks that is a good idea?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

Joe Bruno on twitter says source suggests it could be attempt to make resolution with borrower or a third party willing to take assignment of debt in return for $$$. Other options of course.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:
1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

God, so CIM is trying to keep it? Who thinks that is a good idea?

The CIM Group are a trip. I knew them allowing it to foreclose was a stunt to refinance the loan any methods possible.  They want the EpiCentre in their portfolio because it'll be very hard for them to get back into Uptown without footing a huge sum.

Edited by kayman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kayman said:

The CIM Group are a trip. I knew them allowing it to foreclose was a stunt to refinance the loan any methods possible.  They want the EpiCentre in their portfolio because it'll be very hard for them to get back into Uptown without footing a huge sum.

This take is 100% correct. I was saying this pages and pages ago. Not the first time they've used not so nice tactics. Just google "CIM Group Lawsuit" and you'll get quite a few pages of results. Or even "CIM Group aggressive eviction." The use tactics to devalue properties and then bring them back to life. 

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

what some people think should happen to the Epicenter

https://charlotte.axios.com/301751/what-readers-want-to-see-at-the-epicentre-after-its-auctioned-off/

My thought is to tear down part of it maybe the section closest to Trade and College and build an apartment tower with ground floor retail. More eyes in the neighborhood would be a good thing and maybe incorporated the Hornets new training facility into the project.   Obviously the 3 hotels will stay as they are.   I still wish a trio of our banks would buy it hold it and turn it around then sell it in the future.  

• Like 4

Here is my post on the Axios Epicenter post as I shared  on their Facebook post enquiring what we want to see.

We need to really re-imagine Epicenter with the consumer in mind, and apply an ongoing high level marketing campaign with it. This should be a real destination, but to do so it must be done with high quality, interactive experiences. 
Here is exactly what I would do if I owned this spot: (I can already envision this :') 

Think consumer, consumer, consumer, and quality quality, quality, experiences) 
1. Top notch, smaller size Aquarium, with continually changing aquatic displays, 
2. Hard Rock Cafe, 
3. House of Blues, with the best in small venue acts rolling through, 
4. a reputable wine shine, dine style tasting experience, 
5. 4dx/Imax only Theater, 
6. A Broadway at the Beach (I'm on vacation right here at home) experience, 
7. I would pull inspiration from Vegas, Orlando, Miami, NY, and of course Charlotte, with just a little OBX, MB, Daytona, Gatlinburg, Asheville, Boone, mixed in to keep more those dollars at home. 
with (the price of fuel) staycations in mind.
8. Apple & Amazon Stores, high end stores, think quality over quantity. 
9. Many in Charlotte can take the light rail uptown to experience this and more. And only have to spend very little to get there. 
10. Make it a very safe place. Think of all the security already working around BofA corporate across the street, and the Epicenter needs to be exceptionally clean, and exceptionally safe. 

Yes, there is only so much square footage to work with right now, but I would not hesitate to build up 5 or more stories, think smaller version of the Mall of America type of space. Build up, not just out. 

I could really go on, and on all day here,  because I can already envision what would work and bring the Metro masses and beyond, but I have my regular job to do, so there's that.  

And my follow up comment to Bri Riley, 

Bri Riley right , absolutely, the time has come, and Charlotte can support these. 

With BofA Corporate right next door you have one of the largest banks in the world to work collaborate/partner with finance opportunities, and make this a can't fail entertainment complex that Charlotte will be proud of. 

Include established brands like Hard Rock & HofB would provide corporate anchors with major skin in our game as well. 

Obviously the previous owners thought too small, and failed to think of or appreciate what the consumer would support with their hard earned entertainment dollars. This will work, and work well, it just takes including the best, established partners that will provide the synergy to bring and keep all the pieces together. Make this the place they want to be a part of, and that our citizens want to support. It will be the place to be year round in the Carolinas.

C5CBD1FA-B40E-409E-9E4A-4B1A3E30C618.png

Edited by Mid South NC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...