210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

53 stories and 10 foot ceilings per Flaherty's ad in the Observer insert Townhomes and Condominums:

http://newspaperads.charlotte.com/SS/Page....19914&pagenum=1

They're also claiming it will be the tallest condo building in Uptwon Charlotte. The best units will go for $3,000,000. The smallest units will be 660 SF and sell for about $210,000.

Man am I a hell of a guesser. :) Actually my job helped me out on that one.

Man am I a hell of a guesser. :) Actually my job helped me out on that one.

My fault i guessed 10 feet floor to floor. There probably only be a little over 11 feet floor to floor though. I know as an HVAC designer, the architects never give much ceiling space.

I saw the rendering of this in the New Homes mag, or whatever it is called. It caught my eye while I was walking. It looks pretty sweet blown up ( on the cover ) Also, if they've inked Lucky Strike, why are we not on the future locations list? :whistling: I'm still worried that some parts of this are unclear, such as the bowling and movies. Anyway, anyone wanna take a guess if they'll pour part of the foundation tonight? They have the lights ready to go for the night.

I saw the rendering of this in the New Homes mag, or whatever it is called. It caught my eye while I was walking. It looks pretty sweet blown up ( on the cover ) Also, if they've inked Lucky Strike, why are we not on the future locations list? :whistling: I'm still worried that some parts of this are unclear, such as the bowling and movies. Anyway, anyone wanna take a guess if they'll pour part of the foundation tonight? They have the lights ready to go for the night.

Well, given the weather forcast for tomorrow and the ammount of prep work they did today, I would imagine they'd pour and cover tonight.

I really like the idea of the open-air cross-walk between EpiCentre and the Overstreet Mall. I hope this is the start of a trend for Charlotte. Just walking around Uptown yesterday, I noticed how many of the cross-walks looked really ugly from the outside. The only one I recall having any sort of character is the new one between Hearst and Founders Hall.

Maybe the Founders Hall/Ritz connection will get upgraded in similar fashion.

I'm am definately very interested to see how this is going to be done, I haven't seen much as far as the building of underground parking decks go, I'm curiously watching both in charlotte and city market savannah (they are building a W and a underground parking deck), i'm noticing that the retaining walls are at least 50-60 feet away from the street is more to be placed there? or is i just going to be filled in with dirt, I mean I remember my trip to ground zero (sorry to compare this to that) and there was no exposed ground anywere, it was all structure, is this eventually going to look like that? its going to be an entire block of foundation? or is there going to be some dirt areas?

Edited by Rickydavisfan21

Just got this email...

The buzz around town is true. Charlotte's most eagerly anticipated luxury high-rise community will be open soon. The construction of 210 Trade has begun and sales will soon be underway. Encourage your friends, colleagues, and family members to register to recieve periodic updates on the progress.

210 Trade will be built atop Afshin Ghazis $100 million EpiCentre at College and Trade Streets, a nearly 300,000 square foot retail, dining, and entertainment complex. Tenants announced to date include Fox Sports Grill, Prime Steakhouse, PJ's Coffee & Wine Bar, Lucky Strike, and McFadden's Pub, along with several retail shops and boutiques. The residential condos will range from 660 square feet to 6500 and sell from the low $200,000s to more then 3 million.

The 210 Trade Sales and Design Gallery will be located next to the building site in the Charlotte Plaza Building at 201 S. College Street. We are eager to introduce you to Charlotte's Urban Resort in the Sky and thank you for your interest.

Best Regards,

The 210 Trade Sales Staff

www.210trade.com

Just got this email...

The buzz around town is true. Charlotte's most eagerly anticipated luxury high-rise community will be open soon. The construction of 210 Trade has begun and sales will soon be underway. Encourage your friends, colleagues, and family members to register to recieve periodic updates on the progress.

210 Trade will be built atop Afshin Ghazis $100 million EpiCentre at College and Trade Streets, a nearly 300,000 square foot retail, dining, and entertainment complex. Tenants announced to date include Fox Sports Grill, Prime Steakhouse, PJ's Coffee & Wine Bar, Lucky Strike, and McFadden's Pub, along with several retail shops and boutiques. The residential condos will range from 660 square feet to 6500 and sell from the low $200,000s to more then 3 million.

The 210 Trade Sales and Design Gallery will be located next to the building site in the Charlotte Plaza Building at 201 S. College Street. We are eager to introduce you to Charlotte's Urban Resort in the Sky and thank you for your interest.

Best Regards,

The 210 Trade Sales Staff

www.210trade.com

no movie theater and they don't know how to spell "receive"

but, I'm happy to see what looks like small retail shops and boutiques

Edited by ElricSeven

no movie theater and they don't know how to spell "receive"

but, I'm happy to see what looks like small retail shops and boutiques

Yeah, that is definately a good thing. I wish they would have gone with the theatre though. Oh well. At least something other than just bars and restaurants will be going in there.

Well, since the movie theater won't be at the Epicentre, I hope someone else comes along and puts one in. Wouldn't be sweet to have a multilevel high rise theater? Like 2 theaters on each level, rising maybe 6 stories into the sky? With stadium seating, that would be awesome.

Well, since the movie theater won't be at the Epicentre, I hope someone else comes along and puts one in. Wouldn't be sweet to have a multilevel high rise theater? Like 2 theaters on each level, rising maybe 6 stories into the sky? With stadium seating, that would be awesome.

Wow that would be a great idea. I hope someone could find a feasable way to implement something like that!

Are they putting in a foundation for a third crane in the bottom left of the webcam)? I guess that could make sense if indeed the hotel isn't along Trade.

Yeah, that looks like what they are doing. There wont be too much more left in terms of digging. Looks like they will get rid of that second entrance way to the site like they did the first. They just made a new entrance into the site in the corner. Looks like that will be what they start using soon.

I will say that I do like the design a lot better than some of the other proposals that are floating around downtown. That also answers the 53 story questions too. It's about time that Charlotte had a highrise building that isn't just a glass box with a crown.

Thanks for posting!