210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Good thing we had a pretty warm night, looks like there is only a little bit left to go on ground floor, then maybe we'll see some more rebar and columns, and the beginning of the 1st actual floor of retail and restaurants. I'm tickled pink.

On a side note, did anyone else see the ad in last weeks CBJ for 210 trade, that said the penthouses are now available. This also became the 3rd piece of information that has confirmed there to be 6 floors of 2 level penthouses. If this is the case, why does the website only list 4 floors, and doesn't even have them available. I have actually wondered this for sometime now. The people I have spoken to have said 6 floors, all the renderings say 6 floors, this ad says 6 floors yet the website says 4, can anyone explain this to me? The Website is pretty useless if you ask me. I've been waiting a long time to see the layouts for the Penthouses, and they don't seem to want to give them to me.

-D

The website shows 6 floors: 43/44, 45/46, and 47/48. Move your mouse up to the very top of the rendering to the part that's partially hidden. Also, I'm pretty sure the penthouses will be custom-designed, so there probably aren't any layouts to put on the website.

Who is it that has vibility into permitting? I recall that a particular UPer seems to routinely have insight into permit status. We have access to it in our office, but only the guys in construction know how to use it. I have no idea how to use it. Someone mentioned to me recently that Flaherty lacks permits to do beyond the deck level....

Can anyone shed light on that?

Does anyone know if the structural permit for the condo tower has been approved? It is clear that is has been submitted for...but I see that it says "pending". Anyone know if there is a delay in updating the public permit site or if the structural permit is really still being reviewed and not yet approved?

Does anyone know if the structural permit for the condo tower has been approved? It is clear that is has been submitted for...but I see that it says "pending". Anyone know if there is a delay in updating the public permit site or if the structural permit is really still being reviewed and not yet approved?

It has been approved. What I mean when I say that is that all the engineers on the Code Review staff have looked at their plans and signed off on them. What hasn't happened yet is that this permit has not been issued because Flarrety has not paid them yet. As soon as they pay them, then the permit will be issued. It has been almost a month now since this was approved and they havn't paid yet...which is odd.

There are 3 reasons they have not paid yet:

1. They are waiting to have the permit issued till they get a better handle on when Ghazi will complete the tower base. All building permits expire 6 months after they are issued if construciton doesn't start.

2. They are looking at doing a redesign of the tower.

3. They don't have the money.

Right now I would go with reason #1.

Edited by uptownliving

At the time, it was reported that Ghazi was not paying his bills at the time. I wonder if there are serious cashflow problems for this project altogether. Or else maybe this is just typical for some projects, and we're being skeptics.

In general, though, it is not a good sign to not pay bills. But then again, even successful companies have occassional cash flow gaps.

It could be cash flow problems, but how many people on here think that Ghazi can get the 5 story base for the condo tower built in 6 months? With the current state of the condo tower base I don't think that is a realistic timeline, and therefore that is why F&C is holding off on having the building permit issued. No sense in paying $44K for something that would expire before you could use it.

List of projects that have not been either started, completed, or built along their original timeline:

210 Trade (maybe)

The Park

The Vue

Renwick

Royal Court

Grubb's entire Elizabeth project

The Garrison

There are plenty more -- this is nothing unusual, we are just anxious to see progress and height. A month or two, or even a year or two delay, is quite common. I certainly have no idea whether Ghazi is having extra problems or not, none of us seem to know that, but nothing that is happening with this project is very much out of the norm.

^There were earlier claims in this thread that they don't have enough money to build this tower due to mis-marketing, naive planning and under estimations due to poor design. A symptom of this being true is the fact they can't are are not paying their bills.

I'm still not hearing good things about the tower from some folks that are involved. I'm sure they'll figure a way to pull it off. I'll just be surprised at this point if it's the quality of product they promised.

I'm sure they'll figure a way to pull it off. I'll just be surprised at this point if it's the quality of product they promised.

That's been my sentiment all along.....that the thing will get built, but at a compromised level of luxury, certainly not what was promised.

^There were earlier claims in this thread that they don't have enough money to build this tower due to mis-marketing, naive planning and under estimations due to poor design. A symptom of this being true is the fact they can't are are not paying their bills.

Do you really think it wasn't marketed well? Is that the word on the street?

Edited by Phillydog

^^^Disregard what I just said. I thought you were referring to the Tower portion. I do see where Epicenter is now erecting steel.

As for the tower, I am still a skeptic. I believe it will be built, but have a delayed opening date and possibly done much differently from what we have been led to believe.

A2

Edited by A2

I was studying the images in a full page ad that weighed down my paper yesterday... All three images had slight differences. One I recognized as the early perspective, so it makes sense that changes come in the next ones, but for all three to have visual variation seems to indicate quite a bit of change is going on in the process.

Any one with some insight on such changes?