210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

They might have the same issue that the Park had, where many units went for the lower prices, then they had to go much higher on the remaining units to offset the higher construction prices. We'll see how it turns out. But if they can convince people it is under construction, it might help sales of the remainder in contrast to the Park's struggles.

Well, now that it is confirmed that it will be a steel skeleton above grade, for the retail portion, I actually now believe that he will be done within months. Look how fast The Park is starting to go up with their steel cage. Ghazi just has to connect these, spray on some efis gel and call it a day :).

Well, now that it is confirmed that it will be a steel skeleton above grade, for the retail portion, I actually now believe that he will be done within months. Look how fast The Park is starting to go up with their steel cage. Ghazi just has to connect these, spray on some efis gel and call it a day :).

Hahaha... after a statement like that I can't help but wonder what kind of feelings are actually behind that smiley. A block full of EFIS buildings one block from the square!! :)

They might have the same issue that the Park had, where many units went for the lower prices, then they had to go much higher on the remaining units to offset the higher construction prices. We'll see how it turns out. But if they can convince people it is under construction, it might help sales of the remainder in contrast to the Park's struggles.

Avenue did this but not unintentionally. They have/had planned incremental increases that coincided with how many units went under contract. It would not be unprecedented for a developer to do this.

In today's Dougie, I was reminded about the office square footage included in Epicenter. 140ksf will be available next and there is an option to add 20-40ksf of office. Is that square footage part of the aloft hotel tower, the 210 Trade tower, or just spread throughout the lowrise section? I was thinking it was part of the 210 Trade tower, but then I was surprised to hear that any of it would be available next year in that scenario.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/16264512.htm

:) Yes, cranes are expensive.

In another note, can anyone figure out what Ghazi is building on the Trade Street side on the top floor of the deck? It is where the wall to Trade is open slightly, west of the car entrance. The renderings show a solid wall, but what is actually built could actually remain open (although likely with some with screening). But just inside the deck, they have built a series of low walls out of concrete, creating shapes like 3 or 4 rooms. I think I'd be happy if they were building a couple offices for the parking deck people or security people. They could have windows on to Trade, and put a human use and eyes on the street.

It turns out that those walls are too short for a door or retail, but I think windows to something like offices would be great. But is there anything else it could be?

I will be both very surprised and very disappointed if Ghazi actually enclosed those openings. I think parking decks need as much ventilation as they can get, so it wouldn't be that smart in my opinion.

Have there been building permits for the condo portion? The new crane is for the aloft, which we all knew was going to be built, because it has a major tenant. The rest of current activity is consistent with Ghazi finishing his portion, which I think has reduced the skepticism. But there is still a question on the condo tower. It will be easy to quell those questions, but it will be a little longer before that happens.

Also, some are saying it will be built, but the final products will not be near the level of quality of what was sold. It will be a few years before those predictions will be proved or disproved.

There have been building permits issued for the Condo tower base, which is being built by Ghazi, but the building permit for the actual tower being built by Flaherty has not been issued. The permit has been approved, but won't be issued till Flaherty forks over the cash for the permit. Personally I won't get worried about this till about April.

All building permits expire in 6 months if no construction occurs on site, and with the current state of the condo tower base it is going to take them longer than 6 months to get that portion ready to be built on.