210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Here are the notes I took from tonight's meeting where Afshin Ghazi gave an update on EpiCentre:

Timeline

- The first 2 buildings that house restarants and retail will begin opening this summer.

- The Movie Theatre is due to open in November.

- The aloft Hotel is due to open about a year from now.

- The condo tower will open by Summer 2008

Building Matierals

- The 2 low rise buildings will be clad in stone and masonry.

- The aloft hotel will be clad in stone and masonry up till the 5th floor, above that will be EIFS

- The condo tower will be a full green glass curtain structure.

- The internal sidewalks will be cobblestone

Street Level Retail

- 100% Street Level access along College

- Nothing along 4th St

- 2 retail facades, 2 water fountains, and the Condo Lobby along Trade St

Tenets

- Fox Sports Grille

- Flemings Prime Steak House

- 5 screen movie theatre showing both Art House and First Run films serving alcohol and having 21 & up hours at night.

- 10 lane Bowling Alley

- Presbyterian Internal Medicine Offices

- All of the Raving Brands eateries

- Dale Jr's Country Bar

There will be more than that...but thats all he could make public at this time.

I was really glad to hear him affirm that the Movie Theatre was coming. I can't wait for the day to be able to walk to a movie theatre. It was also reassuring to hear all of this straight from the "horses mouth" after reading all the rumors on here.

Here are the notes I took from tonight's meeting where Afshin Ghazi gave an update on EpiCentre:

Timeline

- The first 2 buildings that house restarants and retail will begin opening this summer.

Building Matierals

- The aloft hotel will be clad in stone and masonry up till the 5th floor, above that will be EIFS

Street Level Retail

- Nothing along 4th St

Tenets

- Fox Sports Grille

- 5 screen movie theatre showing both Art House and First Run films serving alcohol and having 21 & up hours at night.

- 10 lane Bowling Alley

- Dale Jr's Country Bar

I was really glad to hear him affirm that the Movie Theatre was coming. I can't wait for the day to be able to walk to a movie theatre. It was also reassuring to hear all of this straight from the "horses mouth" after reading all the rumors on here.

Flemings is a nice upscale chain steakhouse -- Paul Flemming is the PF in PF Chang as well.

Thanks a bunch for the update UL. I'm so happy to hear about the 2 retail spaces along Trade, that was my biggest worry. Its not perfect, but it will be enough. Too bad about 4th, street level is going to suck over there....

Also glad to hear about the movies and bowling. 21 and up hours will be great for the uptown population to "get away" once in awhile.

I am also glad that a movie theater and bowling is coming. With only 5 screens and 10 lanes of bowling, good luck getting tickets or a lane on the weekends. I will take it though, it wouldn't be much of a entertainment center without those.

Edited by Ryepow

Timeline

Building Matierals

Street Level Retail

- Nothing along 4th St

Tenets

- Fox Sports Grille

- 10 lane Bowling Alley

- Dale Jr's Country Bar

Whatever happenned to Black Finn as a tennant. I thought they were announced last fall?

Whatever happenned to Black Finn as a tennant. I thought they were announced last fall?

He didn't go down a list of everyone that had signed on, he jumped from topic to topic during his presentation. No one asked about Black Finn so they very well could still be part of the project.

Did he mention a book store?

No mention of a bookstore.

Edited by uptownliving

Ghazi also mentioned that there would be lots of cool signage and that there would be an element of a "Times Square" feel to it.

He said the bowling alley could be either 10 or 15 lanes...they were still toying around with which size they will go with.

He confirmed that the hotel operator is indeed W, and this will be their first "W Loft" concept hotel.

And most importantly, there will be a Cold Stone Creamery!

Ghazi also mentioned that there would be lots of cool signage and that there would be an element of a "Times Square" feel to it.

He said the bowling alley could be either 10 or 15 lanes...they were still toying around with which size they will go with.

He confirmed that the hotel operator is indeed W, and this will be their first "W Loft" concept hotel.

And most importantly, there will be a Cold Stone Creamery!

Any idea if Lucky Strike will still be the vendor running the bowling alley? They have such a cool urban chic flair to their operations.

Edited by metropolitan

^ Actually, based on the renderings I would say it will be very similar to Denver's Pavilion, perhaps lacking some of the surrounding development. And UL's recent meeting notes indicate some of the features that were looking as if they'd be axed are not.

Denver Pavilion:

entertain_center.jpg

^ Actually, based on the renderings I would say it will be very similar to Denver's Pavilion, perhaps lacking some of the surrounding development. And UL's recent meeting notes indicate some of the features that were looking as if they'd be axed are not.

He was referring to tenants - not renderings.

Edited by Minneapolitan

He was referring to tenants - not renderings.

No I was speaking conceptually - generally the same ammenities, retail options and layout. From what I remember about Denver Pavillions, you could walk in from retail on the street, or snake inward through a main retail corridor. And both projects seem to be spread over 3 floors, etc.

I wish Epi would get a Virgin Store and/or Nike store or something similar.

Edited by The Escapists

How are they going to build/complete a 50 floor condo tower in a year and 3 months?

1. Summer could mean September 20st, so actually 18.5 months.

2. The foundation and below-grade work for the tower is already done.

3. After the retail floors are complete, this will be a very straightforward tower (basically a box) until the penthouse floors, with no setbacks and constant ceiling heights

4. They could open the bottom 10 floors and say they made their goal, while floors 11-50 are still being worked on.

It could happen.

I wish Epi would get a Virgin Store and/or Nike store or something similar.

I would be disappointed if this location did attract something like a Virgin store. I highly doubt we would see a retailer of this type at the present anyway. We're in an electronic world where retailers such as this are dying because their model can't be supported. I would much rather see something useful to more people such as a bookstore. Even in Chicago the downtown bookstores always had long lines to pay, the Virgin store on Michigan rarely had anyone in line. That speaks for itself in terms of demand.