210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Well I can't imagine that the GC's would have to trade out or anything as the Epicentre as a whole will not be completed yet when the construction on the tower starts. I'm sure that RJGriffin will be movin on site pretty soon if they are not already there doing prep-work.

This project really is shaping up great, I am starting to be truely wowed by the street presence that it is commanding! Hopefully this project will turn out as great as I am starting to think it will.

They still seem to be on that third floor under TTT. It's been a couple of weeks now (more I think, but I really didn't make note of the date the first time I counted). What's the hold up...anyone know? Having that building permit for the tower doesn't do much good if it's going to be months before they get floors 4 and 5 poured. I guess I'm just being impatient...but I hate this kind of delay.

It might be realistic if you use 'summer' loosely, that is, if September is 'summer'. I don't see anything opening shop in June or July, but I think 4 or 5 months could see enough progress to get one or both of the lowrise buildings open to the public.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you all think of the ground floor? It seems that the grade is way off. College Street seems to be slicing in diagonally. How will they smooth this out? In the renderings it appears to be a brick sidewalk with steps leading up to the shops but that still doesn't address the fact that College Street goes downhill from that intersection...

I believe that shot shows Trade going downhill to the east (to the left in the shot). College is level through there (going south to the right in the shot).

OK, Trade St. My mistake. But my question remains, how will that be lined up for street level retail.

I believe on Trade it will just be a concrete wall (I would imagine they will add some textures to it to make it more friendly) with 1 or 2 spots near the entrance of the parking deck. The circular grand entrance in the center of the photo will have steps leading up to it. This entire complex is primarily above street level except for the section on College.

Edited by DaAchiever

I think you got it mixed up.

Trade- This goes down grade so it would be tough to have a lot of street level retail etc... but there will be an entrance to the parking and a few spots like the radio station that will locate into the little space along trade, and the Condo tower base.

College will be the most friendly, with entrances to Fox sports grill, the 2 main buildings, and the hotel tower.

4th street will be tough as well due to the grade, but there will be some activity. The hotel will take up a lot, as well as the movie theather, and the condo tower.

Edited by UrbanCharlotte

I think you got it mixed up.

Trade- This goes down grade so it would be tough to have a lot of street level retail etc... but there will be an entrance to the parking and a few spots like the radio station that will locate into the little space along trade, and the Condo tower base.

College will be the most friendly, with entrances to Fox sports grill, the 2 main buildings, and the hotel tower.

4th street will be tough as well due to the grade, but there will be some activity. The hotel will take up a lot, as well as the movie theather, and the condo tower.

Yes I do have it mixed up, thanks for correcting me. :)

It has become a regular site now to see a number of concrete trucks lined up at the EpiCentre construction site as they use the boom to pump concrete up to the latest level of this development. Truly a site to see. While I was out recently I took this pic of the boom in action at night.

epicentreboom.jpg

It has become a regular site now to see a number of concrete trucks lined up at the EpiCentre construction site as they use the boom to pump concrete up to the latest level of this development. Truly a site to see. While I was out recently I took this pic of the boom in action at night.

epicentreboom.jpg

this is the hotel they are pouring correct?