210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

I'm trying to kill a little time before I leave for Charleston and decided to go on the 210 website and compare the webcam one year ago to today. Incredible! Not just Epicenter but the light rail and BofA site as well - truly and impressive site. If anyone gets time it is well worth going through and looking at the progress of all the construction on College St.

It appears to be the floor of the 5th along Trade, but it depends on which one you consider to be the first floor, I drove by there just a little while ago. At the same time though, there seemed to be great interest in the RC/BOA hole as many people were standing at the fence looking down.

It depends what you consider it, when taken into consideration with the design of the building in mind, the first floor is considered the main level that is to grade with college street. So truely this would be the 4th floor. Heck if you take into consideration the parking structure, it is actually more like the 9th haha.

Nope, there are 2 more floors left, according to every rendering, blueprint, website and article I've seen.

Not if u look back a couple pages on this thread. It really looks like they just have one more floor up to be done with that area directly under 210 Trade. I'm not sure though if they will top everything off for the Epicentre before they start on 210 though.

Edited by stateman99

Embarrassingly enough, I called my friend who is working on this project desiring to be correct, and unfortunately I was wrong, the next floor is going to be the last one before 210 starts going up. The tower will however be started before all the other parts are finished, which is a good sign, since the movie theatre seems to be going in slow motion. The Massing Diagram on the Ghazi company website does not neccessarily take into account the grade differencial. According to my friend there is one more floor to go.

Edited by Guest

I've got to applaud Ghazi for pulling it off so far. Many people thought the whole thing would not happen, and then many people thought the theater wouldn't happen. Not only is this project delivering significantly more than was planned way back when Spectrum revived the plans for that block, but then it is has continued to move forward even when others thought it would not.

I think this bodes very well for downtown Charlotte, considering Ghazi now wants to play a major role in other public-private partnerships, such as a possible freeway cap near the Lafayette Jeweler site, and the Spirit Square redevelopment. It wasn't that long ago that we all were thinking of Ghazi as the developer of the stucco clad suburban retail centers.

So, yes, it is great news that he is almost to the point of delivering on the tower foundation, and that all the rest is continuing full speed ahead.

210 Trade starts on floor 5 according to their website. They just laid the concrete for the floor of 5 aka the ceiling of 4. It looks to me like 210 Trade construction starts now.

I would tend to agree with you on this after re-reading the floor heights, but it just appears on the renderings I am seeing that 210 Trade actually starts at a level higher than it is now. It appears to be at the same height as the top of the 3-story retail adjacent to it and also the same level as the hotel section at the corner starts. In both cases, by looking at the webcam, it seems to be 1 story below that right now.

Yes I guess the Condo Lobby is on Level "G" and then Level 1 is the next one up that is at grade with College St...and then the condo building begins on Level 5.

Exactly Correct :thumbsup: I can't wait to see the tower itself going verticle. Extremely small floor plates should allow this tower to absolutely shoot up.

Exactly Correct :thumbsup: I can't wait to see the tower itself going verticle. Extremely small floor plates should allow this tower to absolutely shoot up.

Now we will start to see the effect these towers will have on the skyline. I mean it was nice to see the Trademark and Avenue go up, but these 50+ story towers will truly add a whole new dimension to uptown.

Edited by pazzo83

EpiCenter is getting quite high. Stand in the skybridge between BB&T and the Omni Plaza, and look south. It's much taller than the transportation center. Hard to believe, last year it was such a huge hole!

Edited by MZT