210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

^^Yeah the Sony Metreon in San Francisco has a 16 screen Loews/AMC theater with Imax on 350,000 feet of retail on 4 floors. In comparison Epicenter will have 250,00 square feet of retail with only 3 and 4 floors (depending on which side you are on). I believe the proposed area for the Theater will be on the east side which is to have 4 floors. Also to note that the Epicenter PDF states the movies theater will be a 16-Plex, but that of coarse is way outdated, so I wouldn't give my hopes up about getting that many theaters, if we will still in fact get a theater. I haven't hear the latest news confirming one, anyone hear any actual statements confirming what type of movie theater we are suppose to get? I'm still a little bit skeptical.

Edited by fulcrumsf

hmm I have been to the metreon many times, very nice but the epicenter wont be the same... though it would be cool to have an electronics store like the sony style store in there, eb games maybe? anyways I think the movie theater is a pretty important piece to the puzzle so I hope it stays in there

DP is 350,000 square feet. EpiCentre is 250,000. EpiCentre, Aloft, and 210 Trade together are probably a more impressive project, but we shall see.

Looking at a map of DP makes me more excited about EpiCentre, you can kind of see how it could possibly turn out.

Here's the map of DP: http://www.denverpavilions.com/directory.php

Edited by moonshield

impressive yes, but retail wise dp is better. 100,000 sq ft is a big difference Looking at the map, I can only hope we can get 1/2 of the high quality shops that they have in DP. A Niketown and B&N Ohh Lord that would be amazing. If the epi center is like DP uptown retail will change and people will want to go uptown for things other then Speed Week

Edited by BUILDIT

I'm not crazy about its skyline impact; a bit too square and plain to justify blocking a sig tower. But I guess looks aren't everything when it comes to a project this important :)

I for one think it's design is more interesting than any of the other condo towers we have so far (Courtside, Trademark, Avenue, 210 S Tryon)

I for one think it's design is more interesting than any of the other condo towers we have so far (Courtside, Trademark, Avenue, 210 S Tryon)

I agree, there are many more defined lines in this building than any other condo. Much like Hearst.

I'm not crazy about its skyline impact; a bit too square and plain to justify blocking a sig tower. But I guess looks aren't everything when it comes to a project this important :)

Well I doubt 210 Trade will block the view of BofA Corp.Tower very much. Most likely it will block the view of BofA Plaza from some angles.

I don't see this tower as a box at all. It has very interesting corners, a nice green hue, and the unexpected 15 degree off-parallel placement will add a lot of pizazz.

Edited by Charlotteman

Its the crane for the ritz, where have you been haha, look at the ritz thread.

The crane for the Ritz was up when these pictures were taken unless they magically put it together in just a few minutes before UrbanCharlotte could get there to take a pic or they took the pics on different days. If you will read the Ritz thread you will see that we were talking about it being installed back on May 20th.

So, looking at the TTT webcam, it seems like they've built Aloft to a point and sort of finished...... I thought it was to be 10+ stories - that looks almost like the 5 stories or so... anybody know whats going on there?

That's not Aloft. Aloft starts at that point on top of what is there now.