210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

What I don't understand is the fact that while the condo tower portion is a different company, work has yet to be started on both aLoft and with completing the center section of Epicentre. I know they are trying to get some of the shops open before the end of the summer, but it seems a bit ridiculous to leave the other two buildings alone this whole time. Then again, what do I know about construction?

What I don't understand is the fact that while the condo tower portion is a different company, work has yet to be started on both aLoft and with completing the center section of Epicentre. I know they are trying to get some of the shops open before the end of the summer, but it seems a bit ridiculous to leave the other two buildings alone this whole time. Then again, what do I know about construction?

This fact has confused me as well, but they have begun accumulting all of the materials used for blocking out the columns, you can see it on the amnenity deck. Rebar has begun being placed for the condo tower as well. The Middle building has definately confused me. I am not sure what the delay is on that, except that in the new rendering I have seen it appears to be 3 solid floors instead of two, so I wonder if there was a redesign, but it could be its a faux three floor facade. Its ridiculous that half of it isn't even poured yet. Aloft Starts soon, along with 210trade, I know this for a fact, the delay, on the other hand, I do not know much about, but I can find out.

I'm pretty sure it is all about keeping out of each others way. Getting all the finish work done at Epicentre right now is primary focus. Have multiple companies working at one time would be logistically difficult at this time. From what I've been told, the other construction will commence when Epicenter is just a bit more complete. They will have crews working day and night, supposedly, to get businesses open.

The tower itself should fly up when actually started anyway. If they worked day and night, they could get this done in 45 weeks, If they don't work day and night probably 55 weeks, which is just over a year. It really is about staying out of eachothers way tho. This is a tight space with 6 different components, 4 retail buildings, a hotel, and a very tall condo tower.

The tower itself should fly up when actually started anyway. If they worked day and night, they could get this done in 45 weeks, If they don't work day and night probably 55 weeks, which is just over a year. It really is about staying out of eachothers way tho. This is a tight space with 6 different components, 4 retail buildings, a hotel, and a very tall condo tower.

They have been working at nights and early mornings already. You can see that on the webcam, the shine down those huge lights since its cooler out, and less busy. I noticed that for the concrete pours this month on the levels.

This fact has confused me as well, but they have begun accumulting all of the materials used for blocking out the columns, you can see it on the amnenity deck. Rebar has begun being placed for the condo tower as well. The Middle building has definately confused me. I am not sure what the delay is on that, except that in the new rendering I have seen it appears to be 3 solid floors instead of two, so I wonder if there was a redesign, but it could be its a faux three floor facade. Its ridiculous that half of it isn't even poured yet. Aloft Starts soon, along with 210trade, I know this for a fact, the delay, on the other hand, I do not know much about, but I can find out.

I looked back over the last couple of days, and it looks like they've actually been removing materials from the site....it appers the crane is lifting the supplies onto waiting trucks. Today especially, they have it almost cleared off. This is probably a factor of one contractor clearing out so another can come in, but I'm not really sure.

Unless I am mistaken, the answer is no. Even though the Four Seasons is mixed use there some other taller completely residential buildings proposed or under construction in Miami right now. If however, the Epicenter finishes before massive Miami projects then it might be the tallest on the East Coast outside of NYC for a short period of time.

Even if Miami has larger projects in the works, it's still pretty cool that Charlotte is among the "top three" for this category considering how many large cities are on the East coast. Between Philly, Boston, Atlanta, NYC, Miami, etc, it amazes me that Charlotte could be anywhere near these in anything besides banking. Then again, if the ice caps ever do melt, who knows, we may become number one in this category. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if 210 Trade and The Vue will be the 2 tallest condo towers on the east coast out side of NYC, I know the 4 seasons in Miami is up there but I think it is more of a condotel.

We might have to check on the final height of The Mansion and The Soverign in Atlanta. Those are some VERY tall structures and are already half way finished in Buckhead. The VUE, when built is supposed to be 677' (if built to its proposed height) and 210 Trade is supposed to be 601 feet. (if and when it finally starts)

A2

edit: just checked the height on both. The Mansion will be 580 feet tall (shorter than the prosed height of both the VUE and 210. The Soverign will be 665+ft (taller than the Hearst Tower, the proposed 210 tower, but shorter than the prosed height of the VUE). However 1138 Peachtree would be over 700 ft tall. 1138 is to start pretty soon. Not too mention TWELVE Midtown's proposal would be around 750ft tall. Both of those structures would definately be tall enough to eclipse 210 and VUE.

Edited by A2

I know they are still working on the Trade Street facade of that building (the one at Trade and College). The other day, I saw them installing the bricks/blocks on a column. They have added windows in much of it, so they might now be working inside, but I have not seen it personally.

Is that just the first building, or does he expect to open his whole part of the project at that time?

Not sure. That is what they quoted a friend that is looking into a retail space for a small shop. I didn't really dig in, just asked when they told her "Epicentre would be opening" and she replied, "sometime in October".

Not sure. That is what they quoted a friend that is looking into a retail space for a small shop. I didn't really dig in, just asked when they told her "Epicentre would be opening" and she replied, "sometime in October".

Wow, that seems very sudden for what appears to be the progress of the site. I guess they will have to do a lot of clean up to make this area safe. I wonder what safety concerns and changes will take place well allowing pedestrian traffic to the retail of epicenter while the cranes fly overhead working on the two towers (aLoft and 210). There was previously a lawsuit over the cranes on site moving over the LRT in regards to safety. It's a very complicated site, I admire Ghazi taking on this project on this site.

Guess what folks, Looks like the tower portion for 210 Trade is getting ready to start. I was checking the webcam today and they have moved a large storage container and what looks like piles of form skaffolding and other material on top of the theater section of the building. I'm guessing there going to get everything ready to start the remainder of this week and hopefully start construction next week.

I believe they've been issued a structural permit, but not a core and shell permit. They have applied for that permit, and were denied (which is typical) after their first review.

For those of that aren't in the know of this stuff (such as me), what's the difference between the 3 permits you mentioned? Is this typical for any skyscraper that goes up? Or is it something specific to 210 Trade b/c there are various components to this structure?

You typically have a footing/foundation permit which obviously covers the foundation. A structural permit, which is is the steel or concrete "skeleton" of the building, and then a shell/core permit, which is the facade and critical support systems within the building.

You also have Upfit permits which is actually finishing out space (think actually turning a "vanilla box" into a livable condo, office space, or retail space)