210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

I have a question for some construction people.

How long can rebar sit exposed to the elements before it begins to deteriorate. If they have the reinforced columns in place, do they need to pour the concrete at some point to keep from having to replace them, or can they be exposed indefinetely?

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, I'm just wondering if this signals constructions cranking up, or if this is a preventative measure so as not to have to back-track at some point.

I have a question for some construction people.

How long can rebar sit exposed to the elements before it begins to deteriorate. If they have the reinforced columns in place, do they need to pour the concrete at some point to keep from having to replace them, or can they be exposed indefinetely?

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, I'm just wondering if this signals constructions cranking up, or if this is a preventative measure so as not to have to back-track at some point.

I've been told by one of those involved with the construction company that this is moving forward, no doubt, but working out a coordinating schedule for building the condo tower, the hotel tower, and finishing the retail space has caused this long delay -- not only are they different elements of the project with different ownership, but also different construction companies. Some other engineering difficulties also have been a factor, namely where to put the pad for the construction crane for the residential tower. Where it was going is no longer an option because of the light-rail line and the nearby station (he wasn't 100% clear on those details but knew the basics). When these are all worked out you'll see brisk progress, there is no other factor holding these back.

Edited by Charlotte_native

I've been told by one of those involved with the construction company that this is moving forward, no doubt, but working out a coordinating schedule for building the condo tower, the hotel tower, and finishing the retail space has caused this long delay -- not only are they different elements of the project with different ownership, but also different construction companies. Some other engineering difficulties also have been a factor, namely where to put the pad for the construction crane for the residential tower. Where it was going is no longer an option because of the light-rail line and the nearby station (he wasn't 100% clear on those details but knew the basics). When these are all worked out you'll see brisk progress, there is no other factor holding these back.

Thanks for that update Native. I was hoping someone with real estate connections might have heard something about this project. It can't go up soon enough for me. I really appreciate TradeMark and Ave. but I think TTT and The Vue are going to impact our skyline in a dramatic way. Not to mention all the addition residents uptown.

Is the crane that is currently in the middle of the TTT Tower not the one used for the tower, or was that strictly EpiCentre? If there is a new crane set in place for the tower, I would imagine there would no longer be any use for the 3rd one currently on site, since it's in the way of the tower.

BTW: Anyone notice how one of the small bridges on the 3rd floor that goes from the ovally part of Epicentre to the middle near aLoft was removed? The one under it on the 2nd floor still appears to be in tact however.

Edited by Andyc545

so is there still a question of whether the tower gets built? is that what i'm hearing?

I think it's more of "when will" the tower gets built. They stopped construction b/c they had to re-do their contracts with the buyers, thus delaying getting the funds from the bank (I think). Based on the current activity it looks like they may of been resolved and they are moving forward.

so is there still a question of whether the tower gets built? is that what i'm hearing?

No, just the scheduling.

Is the crane that is currently in the middle of the TTT Tower not the one used for the tower, or was that strictly EpiCentre? If there is a new crane set in place for the tower, I would imagine there would no longer be any use for the 3rd one currently on site, since it's in the way of the tower.

Apparently there is either a need to move that crane or bring in another, but a crane issue is holding up the residential construction.

There will be a connector....that was part of the the ~$6M infrastructure grant from the city to Spectrum. It would still be required by Ghazi to receive the funds.

Yep, there is already a support column for that connector that was built a few months ago. The last I heard they were planning on having that connector built in February.

No, just the scheduling.

Apparently there is either a need to move that crane or bring in another, but a crane issue is holding up the residential construction.

I'm thinking they just need an additional crane, the other crane is in one of the better possible places. Cranes for towers of this magnitude often tie to the buildings they are building for extra stability, so this would be a great place for the crane.

On the 210 trade webcam, you can see that for the first time in a long time, progress has been made on the condo tower. The wall in the center of the condo tower has been poured and the forms are being removed. This just confirms what you guys have been saying for the last couple days now. A good sign...

Looks like the curved jumbo-tron at EpiCentre is being installed at the moment. I can't tell if this is the actual screen or not from the webcam but I can't imagine it would be anything else.

I saw it earlier and it just looked like it was the brackets that attach to the frame. But that should mean the screen is next, probally go up today. I'll be down there later today and check it out.

BTW, they are flying on aLoft. Already up to the 5/6th floor of the hotel itself and around the 9th floor of the tower already. This thing will be topped out before we know it.

Edited by Andyc545

Does anyone know if that is a tarp or a banner hanging on the building below the curved jumbotron? From the webcam, it seems to have some writing on it, just cant make it out.

AT&T Add. It is right outside of my office...

If this is just a billboard, and not a video screen, I will not be happy.

Edited by swh1972

so i heard there is a big "soft opening" party for the EpiCentre parking deck this weekend, so Ghazi can show off the work completed so far to his investors. Also, Ghazi plans to provide a ton of spaces at the parking deck at EpiCentre for daily commuter parking, possibly just for a temporary period until the EpiCentre retail comes on-line.

Edited by revitalize