210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

The article about about "E" says that Charlotte is on a list of cities that is being planned or under consideration. The Epicentre bowling alley is already under construction, right? So by default, that can't be Epicentre that they are talking about.

Wondering if the Avenue E concept or even name has something to do with the Grubb Elizabeth project?

Pretty decent, but vague article on Epicenter in next weeks Charlotte Business Journal. A couple new things mentioned, like The Rooftop Terrace, to be 16,000 sq ft and hold private parties, and concerts. It kind of sounds like a Room with a View type location, but I hope thats not the case, Room with a View is only for Private Parties, it doesn't double as a club/bar. These things are nice to have but not ideal for keeping nightlife going. They also mentioned a new club called Suite, boy are they working hard on these names, they are pretty lame. Suite will be a top 40 type club, owned by Ghazi, and supposedly pretty hip, should be interesting. Some names thrown around by the article include Smoothie King, Five Guys Burgers, Bruegger's Bagels, The Fudgery, Cantina Laredo, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar and Bella Vista Restaurant and Lounge, The raving brands products, Blackfinn, Howl at the Moon, Big City Lanes, Muvico Theatre, PJ's Coffee and Wine Bar, CVS, AT&T, Bank of America, a jeweler, a womens clothing shop, and Allen Tate.

I think we have knowledge of 30 or so names so far, including ones from previous lists. Ghazi said 40-50 spots are leased so 10-20 are still unnamed at least to the UP circuit. According to Ghazi, EpiCentre is almost completely leased out with only a couple spots remaining. He expects that 90% of epicenter will be open by summer, aloft will open in the fall, and the condo tower will open a year after aloft. There are 1,100 spaces for the complex, but that will soon become 500, when 210 trade is complete, it will promise its residents 600 spaces.

Edited by 83alphaunder

I know it is has been posted previously, but can someone remind me how many stories

Aloft will be? Does 12-story on top of the 4-story retail sound correct??

Feb. 16

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj180/U...Aloft_0216b.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj180/U...Aloft_0216a.jpg

A few 210 tower angles.....looks like it could be getting very close to the "floor per

week" stage of development.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj180/U...e/Epi_0216c.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj180/U...i_210_0216b.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj180/U...i_210_0216a.jpg

Didn't know whether to post this or not. Maybe this is all old news. If so, please delete. I got this from a BofA employee.

Building A (Corner of Trade & College)

3rd Floor

Whiskey River – opening 3/1/08

SWEET Night club – opening end of April

Howl @ the Moon – opening end of April

Bella Vitte (Italian restaurant) – opening April or May

Building B (Facing College Street)

1st Floor

BOA Branch – opening end of April

Black Fin (2 story Irish Pub) - opening in April

Fudgery- opening in April

Cold Stone Creamery – opening in April

2nd Floor

Smoothie King – opening in mid April

B Gallery (women’s clothing store) – opening mid April

Women’s Shoe Store (name has not been decided) opening in April

3rd Floor (top)

Roof Top Terrace (public venue for guests to rent) & will have live concerts as well– opening in March

Building C (College & 4th)

1st Floor

Flemings Steakhouse (Part of Outback) -opening in April

Nail Salon (name not determined yet) - opening in April

Hair Salon (name not determined yet)-opening in April

Sundry Shop (name not determined yet) - opening in April

PJ’S Coffee & Wine (nice coffee & wine bar & will showcase local talent at night) - opening in April

2nd Floor

Jason’s Deli – opening in end of April

AT&T Concept Store – opening end of April

Space above the 2nd Floor will be office space

Building D (Corner of 4th & light rail)

1st Floor

Bowling Alley (not Lucky Strike) – opening in May

Flying Biscuit – opening in Late April or May

Shane’s Rib Shack – opening in May

2ND Floor

Wild Wing Caf

Edited by grodney

That is just one awesome list of places. I can't wait. I hope they make a master website for EpiCenter alone that will showcase all of the restraunts/retail, their designated spaces on a siteplan, and information about openings, etc. There are some nice names there coming to uptown and ones that are very affordable and family friendly before the Bobcats/Checker games.

Fox Sports grill is still under lease. While they are trying to get rid of it, until that happens they are still slated for the corner of College and Trade. Take it fwiw but this is from the horses mouth.

Who is trying to get rid of it, management of EpiCentre, developer, or Fox Sports Grill trying to get out of it? That corner is a key component to the foundations of the whole retail portion of this block. From the drawings, the Fox Sports Grill made a nice impact for that corner, based off of dreams and drawings of course. I just hope whatever takes position there that it makes as big of a stance. And for the love of god, please someone tear down that AT&T ad and get a screen up there already. I am wondering if they are reserving that screen space for advertising some of the retail just below it, so maybe are waiting to lease that screen space.

To go with that wonderful list posted here of tenants, the CBJ posted an article about the opening along with more information in regards to EpiCentre. A few highlights:

• It does say that the first retail/restaurant portions of the project will "debut as the opening coincides with the arrival of the Atlantic Coast Conference men's basketball tournament March 13-16"
  • 90% of tenants to be opened by summer.
  • Bolling Alley to be titled "Big City Lanes" and ran by Bar Management Group and will be an adults only establishment at night. Will be 18 lanes.
  • Movie Theater hopefully open by late June. Will be ran like previously mentioned by Muvico Entertainment. Only adults will be admitted late. Will be 5 "Digital Theaters", as previously mentioned.
  • ALoft Hotel is expected to open in Fall 2008 and hosts 175 rooms
  • I will take this fact for what it's worth at this point in the construction, but it does say 210 Trade will be completed in Fall 2009
  • Valet Parking along College St.
  • Add to the list a Moe's Southwest Grill

To go with that wonderful list posted here of tenants, the CBJ posted an article about the opening along with more information in regards to EpiCentre. A few highlights:

• It does say that the first retail/restaurant portions of the project will "debut as the opening coincides with the arrival of the Atlantic Coast Conference men's basketball tournament March 13-16"
  • 90% of tenants to be opened by summer.
  • Bolling Alley to be titled "Big City Lanes" and ran by Bar Management Group and will be an adults only establishment at night. Will be 18 lanes.
  • Movie Theater hopefully open by late June. Will be ran like previously mentioned by Muvico Entertainment. Only adults will be admitted late. Will be 5 "Digital Theaters", as previously mentioned.
  • ALoft Hotel is expected to open in Fall 2008 and hosts 175 rooms
  • I will take this fact for what it's worth at this point in the construction, but it does say 210 Trade will be completed in Fall 2009
  • Valet Parking along College St.
  • Add to the list a Moe's Southwest Grill

whats up with all the adult only stuff? that cant help for a family environment or for teens which might not be such a bad thing they are allowed, but still...

They do not want a lot of teens hanging around there at night which = trouble.

At first I hesitated because it drew from a family atmosphere, but then I thought about it more and thought it was actually perfect. Still family atmosphere during the times that families are typically out, but helps to control all of those punks that think they are going to hang around. Movie theaters always have the thugs out after 9 or 10 anyways, so this is one way to reduce, not necessarily eliminate the less desirable activities that would take away from enjoying ones experience at EpiCentre. Also, there is a city wide curfew anyways, so there should be no reason for teens here at the off-hours.

At first I hesitated because it drew from a family atmosphere, but then I thought about it more and thought it was actually perfect. Still family atmosphere during the times that families are typically out, but helps to control all of those punks that think they are going to hang around. Movie theaters always have the thugs out after 9 or 10 anyways, so this is one way to reduce, not necessarily eliminate the less desirable activities that would take away from enjoying ones experience at EpiCentre. Also, there is a city wide curfew anyways, so there should be no reason for teens here at the off-hours.

so i suppose you have to be 18, and does anyone know the hours.. just curious.. but i honestly dont think its a bad idea. just worried it might detract a bit from the family atmosphere that everyone wants for downtown...

so i suppose you have to be 18, and does anyone know the hours.. just curious.. but i honestly dont think its a bad idea. just worried it might detract a bit from the family atmosphere that everyone wants for downtown...

I typically don't see families in uptown after 10pm anyways, though. If I do, it's because they are coming home from a game or possibly a festival. They only put that limit on the bowling alley, which they described more as a martini bar, club type atmosphere, and a high end movie theater that is equiped with drinking, etc. The family type restraunts I'm sure will still be open for families at any hours.

At first I hesitated because it drew from a family atmosphere, but then I thought about it more and thought it was actually perfect. Still family atmosphere during the times that families are typically out, but helps to control all of those punks that think they are going to hang around.

A lesson could certainly be learned by the experience of the Jacksonville Landing, a somewhat similar central-city entertainment/retail/restauant development.

The Jacksonville Landing has been open over 20 years. During the first few years, the Landing was everything us urban folks admire. Truly a place to take visiting family. A chance to feel real civic pride.

But after 5 years or so, thugs and ruffians started hanging around, attracted by the Landing's "free" status. A few fights starting breaking out here and there, during late bar hours (in the public areas of the Landing) But then full-blown eruptions of drunken violence, involving scores of people, started taking place in the lovely riverfront courtyards.

After several of these, the local media pounced all over the story. Every weekend the local news sensationalistically broadcast the "latest out-of-control brawl at the Landing".

So normal people who just wanted to enjoy a nice night on the town became fearful of going to the Landing at night. The Landing then started to stagnate. After a while, only ruffians and people with little money to spend became the norm at nights.

Charlotte just can't allow that to happen. Security must be a top priority. And the image of the EpiCentre as a safe, fun place must not be compromised by the actions of a few.

Guess it depends on what their definition of night is. City curfew is 11pm on week nights and midnight on weekends if you are under the age of 16.

I wish they would change that... I honestly don't see any reason why a kid 16 or under should be out at midnight on a Friday or Saturday night. I know when I was growing up I had to be in by 11 at the latest. If they are going to a concert or game at Bobcats arena, those are almost always over by then.