210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

It is that windowless floor, then 9 stories, then sort of a 10th story with the various things that are on the roof. One thing I hadn't really thought about or noticed, but they really expanded how much space is in the Epicentre section under the hotel. Now that that is 4 big stories of Epicentre, the height is much taller than originally modeled.

61888405.jpg

That model is very misleading. If they had put windows (even fake ones) on the base of the condo tower section above the garage entrances on 4th Street instead of stucco it would look much better. That is a very large blank wall.

Well I was very lucky to get down there the past couple days for a job interview so hopefully I get that job and can be there permanently, but back on topic. Andyc545 and I were walking around uptown Friday evening and it seems they have opened up a walkway through EpiCentre. It was very exciting, they put in stairs so you get up to the appropriate level on Trade Street side and on College Street side they have arrows and fences up to direct you through. It looks very nice and I wish I had my camera at the time. The views from inside when aloft and 210 Trade are done will be amazing, looking up at the towering buildings above you, and imaging the place filled with people. I hope this wasnt mentioned in a previous post that the walkway was open but regardless just recapping my experience. You should be able to get some nice photographs from inside now especially on any construction of whatever is going in below Whiskey River on the first level.

That model is very misleading. If they had put windows (even fake ones) on the base of the condo tower section above the garage entrances on 4th Street instead of stucco it would look much better. That is a very large blank wall.

Well, you have to remember it's there because of the theatre. I'm hoping they plan on putting movie posters or maybe advertisement space there. Otherwise it would be a wasted opportunity for them.

From what I hear the VIP party is not the grand opening, and will be a week after the soft opening. Honestly, you can't have the VIPs in with things not working like clockwork. I'm only 60% "in the know" these days so take what I say with a grain of salt.

To add to my post 10 hrs later.

Tonight I'm going to a bobcats game, and tommorrow I'm going to a checkers game, and I can't help to think how much better if epicenter had been open they really screwed up. There are only 3 or 4 bobcats games left, and two checkers. Ghazi really missed out on a great opportunity to gain a pretty good following.

Edited by Guest

Tonight I'm going to a bobcats game, and tommorrow I'm going to a checkers game, and I can't help to think how much better if epicenter had been open they really screwed up. There are only 3 or 4 bobcats games left, and two checkers. Ghazi really missed out on a great opportunity to gain a pretty good following.

Agreed. I'm going to the Bobcats game as well. And it looks like Brixx will have to be our hangout again for the remainder of the season. I thought having at least some of Epicentre ready for the ACC or NCAA tourney would've been huge. But Ghazi is definitely missing out on building some momentum going into the spring and summer.

Went on a walking tour through EpiCentre after work today. The interior sidewalk behind the building fronting Trade Street is open from College almost all the way back to the 210 Trade work area. Went up the stairs to Whisky River and peeked in the window ... they look pretty darn close to a soft opening. Most of the furniture is in (although not set up), TVs over the bar were on, and I saw several people inside working on getting the place ready to open.

Also spotted the building permit for BlackFinn, but couldn't tell how far along they were inside. In case this hadn't been posted before the BlackFinn website is up ...

The O has a short blurb saying that Whisky River had it's soft opening this past weekend. Did anyone go? They will next have their "pre-grand opening" for "VIPs" on April 17th according to the article.

Some friends of mine called me on Friday to go, but I already had plans to go see Seinfeld. I have got up with them to see how it was.

The O has a short blurb saying that Whisky River had it's soft opening this past weekend. Did anyone go? They will next have their "pre-grand opening" for "VIPs" on April 17th according to the article.

I made it out there Saturday. Crowded for a soft opening - they were at capacity and we had to wait in line (around 11:15) - nice place inside, nicer than I thought - lots of bars - behind the main bar it looked like tables/bottle service, which I also didn't expect in this place.

I sort of expected a bigger buckhead, but it didn't have that feel at all - felt more like CANS or Alley Cat inside, but smaller than both of them -

OK I was thinking about having a private party downtown and remembered that there is supposed to be a rentable hall space in the epicentre correct? Does anyone know what building that is in and when it is planned to open? Additionally do we know who owns it and perhaps a way to get in touch with them? Thanks in advance.

OK I was thinking about having a private party downtown and remembered that there is supposed to be a rentable hall space in the epicentre correct? Does anyone know what building that is in and when it is planned to open? Additionally do we know who owns it and perhaps a way to get in touch with them? Thanks in advance.

The rentable space is the top floor of the center building. Its mostly outside, with a bar/convered area in the center. I believe its simply called roof terrace or something like that. Ghazi/ The Bar Management group owns it and I don't think you'll be able to rent it out until around June.

The rentable space is the top floor of the center building. Its mostly outside, with a bar/convered area in the center. I believe its simply called roof terrace or something like that. Ghazi/ The Bar Management group owns it and I don't think you'll be able to rent it out until around June.

Thanks for getting back so quick. I am actually not planning the party until October so that is fine. I have looked for a website for BMG or a way to email the people at Ghazi and haven't come up with much. Anyone know a good way to contact either? Thanks again.

So I hit up Whiskey River tonight, well at least I tried. Unfortunately me, my girlfriend, 6 middle aged men, and a very large rat were not able to get in. So we were pretty disappointed, as you can imagine. We walked a healthy distance to check it out, but I figured I would not be stopped from getting something out of the experience, so we moved the do not enter gates and walked the entire complex. Overall I was definately impressed with the scale, it was huge, especially the rooftop terrace, I hope BBinQC invites us to his private party!! I am very excited about this project, and I am becoming more forgiving of the materials everyday. As soon as Epicenter is lit up, ratless, and bustling with activity it is going to be a wonderful place to be.

I walked around the entire EpiCentre complex last Saturday and got the same impression you did nibbletodell. The design has turned out well. I love having the pedestrian bridges that connect all the different buildings. The railings on the bridge have nice custom designs that are unique to each bridge. All of the exterior walkways gives the space a "factory" feel. If only they had not cheapened out on the building matierals. More mansonry would have made this place feel that much better. I can't wait for all the retail spaces to open and people to filter in. It will become a great hang out place. Especially on a nice day like today.

Looking at the webcam it looks like it has been exactly two months now that nothing has been done to the tower portion of 210 Trade. I wonder if they will replace the floor they stopped on since the wood has been subjected to the weather for so long? I feel bad for the people that bought condos here and have to sit through such a long delay. Maybe since the EpiCentre is nearing completion and Aloft is topping out soon things will move very quickly on 210 because they are only concentrating on one building. That is if and when it ever gets approval to do so.

I walked around the entire EpiCentre complex last Saturday and got the same impression you did nibbletodell. The design has turned out well. I love having the pedestrian bridges that connect all the different buildings. The railings on the bridge have nice custom designs that are unique to each bridge. All of the exterior walkways gives the space a "factory" feel. If only they had not cheapened out on the building matierals. More mansonry would have made this place feel that much better. I can't wait for all the retail spaces to open and people to filter in. It will become a great hang out place. Especially on a nice day like today.

That reminds me. The bridge is up that connects CTC Station to 210. They have to pour it still, but the frame work and fittings are in.

Got my "Grand Opening" tickets for this Friday in the mail today. Looks like they'll be doing some give aways and will be serving complimentary hors d'oeuvres that night.

I too got my "Grand Opening" tickets, I'm excited for its opening!

^In looking at the webcam, I can't quite see where this pavilion is at. Is it between the Aloft hotel and the EpiCentre building, but in front of 210 Trade?

Yeah Aloft if hiding it now, but if you go back to January on the 210 Trade webcam, you can easily see the middle building between Aloft and the Trade Street building. This middle building is where the event venue area is located.