210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

aloft to me looks a little frumpy. to me it seems out of place with its size and height. maybe 5-10 stories taller and i would be fine, but thats just a wish. i sure hope the model is not for both 210 trade and aloft, because i think aloft needs a little more in design. hopefully a more detailed design, that looks a little less commercial and suburban, will add to an already great, well-designed project.

The aLoft building would look a little better with about 10 more stories. However, I'll take it over nothing.

I agree, and in this model, Epicentre in general looks pretty bland compared to most of the renderings I've seen so far.

Ohmigod is the tower leaning before it's even been built??

In the bottom pic above, 210 Trade looks almost like the Leaning Tower of Pizza....er...Pisa! heehee

it's a simulation of the building's defense mechanisms for resistance to hurricane force winds.

As well we will be able to see the Ritz go up accross the street too. Tearing up the lot over there now.

They've been working steadily on the parking deck for Epicenter however I haven't seen much if any progress on the tower in a while. If they expect to have it ready for occupancy next year they better get a move on things.

As well we will be able to see the Ritz go up accross the street too. Tearing up the lot over there now.

They've been working steadily on the parking deck for Epicenter however I haven't seen much if any progress on the tower in a while. If they expect to have it ready for occupancy next year they better get a move on things.

Well, they are two levels short of ground level on the parking deck. Once that is reached, I imagine 90% of the work will go on the tower. The complex is a much smaller scale project that shouldn't take them more than two months to get together. I imagine the tower will go up 1 level per week similar to Trademark. That should be enough time.

This will do wonders for the connectivity of College from the convention center to the College/5th intersection. Too bad right across College will be a blank wall, though.

Maybe BofA will allow some large scale marketing on that wall...

or at least a mural of Omeka, May, and Felton!

i was informed by an associate of mine that he plans on renting a retail unit for his ladies shoe boutique called "monet" (like the artist) that is currently located at another ghazi development in the university area.

a little about the store... it really has an extreme south beach feel when you walk in and sells his own design of womens shoes. it's very colorful, bright, and modern, seems like it will fit the epicenter portion perfectly. (he's a south florida kind of guy so his boutique really reflects that). he also sells jewelry, and imported handbags. i've only been in his store once with my girlfriend so thats really all i know from experience, but he's a good guy with nice products.

There was a private reception going on today at the 210 Trade sales center. Apparantly the "chosen" people were allowed to select units as I heard one unit being confirmed via phone.

By the way....I really hope that aqua glass color is representative of what actually is built....

There was a private reception going on today at the 210 Trade sales center. Apparantly the "chosen" people were allowed to select units as I heard one unit being confirmed via phone.

By the way....I really hope that aqua glass color is representative of what actually is built....

Yea, that aqua color has really grown on me. I didn't like it much at first; but now looking back at the original colors, I prefer this much better.