210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

For the life of me I can't understand why they would consider adding another hotel in a few block radius that already contains a Ritz-Carlton, aLoft, Sierra (soon to be Hyatt), Omni, etc. There needs to be more residential here. A 25-30 story apartment building would kill in this location.

The Epicenter can support a 50 story skyscraper.....I dont know if a 50 story building can be built, but I can imagine the building would have to be pretty tall cause any developer would not want all of those load bearing supports to go to waste if they can support a tall building. I cant imagine that anything less than a hotel/resident building would be built at this location.

• 1 month later...

The thought that the tower is now back in play is great news. What's even better is the fact the Epicentre is continuing to fill spots. A gym, salon, spa and newsstand will be nice additions as it will help diversify the businesses there so it's just not a "bar hotspot" Thurs-Sat nights. Putting in those types of things can certainly justify making the tower a residential building which means added foot traffic. Will be interesting to see how this plays out...

I'm not sure how long this has been in the works, but the plans for Golds Gym look to be finalized:

http://www.ldiline.com/select_files.cfm?proj=24077

• 1 month later...

A Boston-based hedge fund is backing the Blue Air, LLC group and has brought Epicentre out of bankruptcy. This will free Ghazi and his partners from ownership and any business ties to the development after they pay some settlement claims for creditors (those that did work at the facility but weren't paid). Most of all the tenants shall remain, with the possible exception of Wild Wing Cafe (viewed as a "bad" tenant by BA). I generally view this as welcome news, with exception to possibly losing a tenant. Hopefully now the development can finish filling out the remaining spots and maybe, just maybe, we can finally get an apartment tower or hotel to fill the old 210 Trade site.

http://www.bizjourna...n.html?page=all

Edited by dbull75

^I'm not a huge fan of Buffalo Wild Wings either. I much prefer Wild Wing Cafe over them. BWW always had skimpy wings to me and their beer selection wasn't as good as WWC either in IMO. I also like the hot shots at WWC too. :fun:

I don't mid Wild Wing in Uptown. It serves its purpose well. It's basically a place for out-of-towners to spend time but it also is a decent live music venue at night. I mean, it is what it is. I'm not sure what would take it's place is kind of my point.

• 4 weeks later...

Blue Air has just announced that they will begin construction on a highrise residential project on the 210 Trade footprint. The plan is for 45 stories of condos (rather than rentals) with a $175,000 entry level price point. The renderings are impressive, there is a pool on the roof and thoughtful architecture. Construction should begin in early Fall.

http://www.charlotte...cement-new.html

EDIT: Yes, its April 1st

Edited by kermit

Blue Air has just announced that they will begin construction on a highrise residential project on the 210 Trade footprint. The plan is for 45 stories of condos (rather than rentals) with a $175,000 entry level price point. The renderings are impressive, there is a pool on the roof and thoughtful architecture. Construction should begin in early Fall.

http://www.charlotte...cement-new.html

link broken. april fools?