Best Western/Hoffman House Closing

localtalent

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm surprised that gimmick lasted so long.

But 12 MILLION? for that spot? wow....

Meijer should buy it... Its expandable to 200,000 sq ft., and thats enough for a Meijer. They could use a better prescence on 28th St.

I don't know how anyone else feels but I will be sad to see that hotel go. As a kid we would always go camping on Memorial day Weekend. One year the weather was supposed to be horrible, so we ended up staying at the midway. I remember this as my first hotel experience. Well, we had a blast! The large pool/recreation area was so unlike all other hotels. It was very family friendly, and we had a room right next to a pool! As a kid this was heaven. We had been back several times over the years. In fact, after I came up to Grand Rapids for College, and have since stayed here, my sister would bring her kids up and they would stay there and it would be like old times.

Here's to 20 years of memories. :alc:

Meijer should buy it...

Wasn't this building originally built by Meijer as one of their warehouse concept stores? I think they were called Source clubs. Could be wrong.

I thought it was pretty cool that a dealership came along and saved what could have been a huge eyesore. Must not have worked well.

Wasn't this building originally built by Meijer as one of their warehouse concept stores? I think they were called Source clubs. Could be wrong.

I thought it was pretty cool that a dealership came along and saved what could have been a huge eyesore. Must not have worked well.

Nope, it was an HQ, (a Home Depot-type store). The Meijer Source Club was the current Home Depot at 28th and Patterson. Builder's Square and HQ were the two that didn't make it, but I think they were our first large hardware type stores.

Nope, it was an HQ, (a Home Depot-type store). The Meijer Source Club was the current Home Depot at 28th and Patterson. Builder's Square and HQ were the two that didn't make it, but I think they were our first large hardware type stores.

correct! and the other two source clubs I know of, one turned into a Target and the other was demolished for the rivertown mall wasnt it?

It's likely the Ford dealership being for sale and the Best Western are connected. Hundley is a good friend of Dan DeVos. The Ford dealership, which DeVos just bought, is way too big and the location is less desirable than a site with better view of the road that's farther east.

holy crap that's huge, I've been out of town too long, That's such a massive dealership. So is fox going to consolidate all of its operations?

I think if you want to buy a car in GR, it'll say FOX ________ at the rate they're going!

I feel like they must have just about every brand represented by now!

Fox pretty much owns everything except GM dealerships now, and Toyota Dealerships.

Although how much longer until the toyota dealership on 28th is bought? :P

We buy our vehicles on Plainfield. ;) Or Muskegon (you can usually get a better deal).

Archived