Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tayfromcarolina

Real World coming to Raleigh

15 posts in this topic

Just got word that MTV's the Real World is casting tonight at Gennwood South. At the Rush Lounge/Aura bars. Info. 7 PM until.

Just got word that MTV's the Real World is casting tonight at Gennwood South. At the Rush Lounge/Aura bars. Info. 7 PM until.

Thanks for posting this, Tay. :)

The bar just confirmed this over the phone, however they say 11:00pm until...

It must be the Real World cast members take over Raleigh weekend. Isn't that guy Ace from the Paris season supposed to be hosting the 6th anniv. party at Oxygen This weekend too? Or maybe that next weekend?

Too bad the show won't be filmed in the Triangle.

Too bad the show won't be filmed in the Triangle.

Honestly, I hate that show, and really wouldn't want it here. We'll do just fine without them.

Honestly, I hate that show, and really wouldn't want it here. We'll do just fine without them.

I agree. We are all WAY smarter and more interesting than THOSE people! :D

I think the show has had some good seasons, but lately, it's been rather lackluster (which is an understatement). It all depends upon the cast.

the real world would be a nice status symbol i guess, but honestly, there are enough people here like that already... we don't need lights and cameras. just go walk down glenwood at 2 am on a satuday, then head up to the clarion. you'll get the same effect.

I used to love that show. I followed it from the first one in NYC with Eric, Andre, etc. to LA, Sf, etc. I think the one in San Diego and seeing some of them compete on those silly Real World/Road Rules Challenges turned me off completely. Of course, maybe I'm just completely out of the target demographic audience now... OK, I'm sure that I'm out of the target audience! :D

Aura/rush lounge...definitely makes sense cosidering the people that have always been on those shows recently.

I watched the Seattle and New Orleans seasons, oh and whichever one had "Puck"...

I've always wanted to be on the show, but I haven't watched it since I was 17. Now I'm too old to be on the show.

Haven't watched the show in forever. They could get a little creative, pick somewhere a little more interesting: Washington, Atlanta, Nashville (maybe they have and I missed it), or some college town: Athens, Austin, Boone (the ... ummm...kindest Real World). Or really creative: Detroit, or drop 'em all off in some town in the middle of nowhere (MTV's Real World: Manchester, South Dakota!).

Or get beyond the US again.