How many?

BrandonTO416

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say. I would guess around 25-30 regular posters, with a few more sporadic forumers here and there. There are several dozen regular signed up lurkers with accounts that I see on the board regulary, and who knows how many unknown lurkers/guests.

Hard to say. I would guess around 25-30 regular posters, with a few more sporadic forumers here and there. There are several dozen regular signed up lurkers with accounts that I see on the board regulary, and who knows how many unknown lurkers/guests.

I know of at least one lurker. He's lurking often.

According to the forum software the Nashville forum had 121,721 views in the last 3 months. I am not exactly sure what constitutes a view and I will see if I can provide some more stats later. For comparison purposes, the oldest forum on this site Charlotte, had 89,000 views using the same measure over the same time period.

It would seem that more than a few people are having a read of UrbanPlanet's Nashville forum.

It is remarkable given that the entire Tennessee forum, let alone Nashville, is just barely a year old.

It did come to our knowledge that several Charlotte employers including Wachovia bank added UrbanPlanet to their firewall so their employees can't read UrbanPlanet at work. :P

It is remarkable given that the entire Tennessee forum, let alone Nashville, is just barely a year old.

It did come to our knowledge that several Charlotte employers including Wachovia bank added UrbanPlanet to their firewall so their employees can't read UrbanPlanet at work. :P

Haha...if only college campuses did the same I might put more time into studying for finals.

We subscribe to a few statistics gathering services and I have a little more information on the Nashville forum

Since the first of the year almost 40,000 unique IPs have visited the Nashville forum.

UrbanPlanet has had 42,000 unique visitors that we can identify from Tennessee. Here is a graph showing from whence they came. I limited the output to the top 25 locales mainly so I could get a screenshot. Note this only include IPs that can be specifically identified. For example someone working at a large corporation or on AOL may appear to come from another city. Still it is an interesting statistic.

Let me know if there are questions.

nashville1.jpg

According to the forum software the Nashville forum had 121,721 views in the last 3 months. I am not exactly sure what constitutes a view and I will see if I can provide some more stats later. For comparison purposes, the oldest forum on this site Charlotte, had 89,000 views using the same measure over the same time period.

It would seem that more than a few people are having a read of UrbanPlanet's Nashville forum.

:shok: Uh oh, I hope I don't get stage fright.

I admit, I'm a lurker. I know, but I'm away at college and am too busy to keep up with reading the newspaper, you know how it is. I jsut get on here where all teh info is consolidated and bam. I just saved tons of time. Till next time!!

Knoxville is 6th on the list, is higher than Chattanooga, yet we rarely if ever get a post from a Knoxvillian. Where are you Knoxville? We would like to get an active contingent from that fine city!

Possibly lots of people reading from there, not so may posting.

I admit, I'm a lurker. I know, but I'm away at college and am too busy to keep up with reading the newspaper, you know how it is. I jsut get on here where all teh info is consolidated and bam. I just saved tons of time. Till next time!!

I encourage you to post more often. The more you post, the more fun the whole experience is. At least, that's what my experience has been.

According to the Forum Census in the Tennessee Forum, there are only about 24 :blink: Seems a little low lol

86 people have voted on the poll "Signature Tower out of place". I'm sure a good number that voted are not regular Tennessee forumers. Still that supports the idea that there are quite a bit more than 24.

I guess I'm one of those lurkers! I grew up in Nashville and spent the last five years in Chattanooga. I just moved back to the Nashville area at the end of April and I'm very excited to be back! :D (In fact I moved back on the day that the Signature Tower model was unveiled.) I was so upset because I had to wait until the next Monday to see some pictures of it because I didn't have my internet set up yet. Anyways, I'm very excited to be part of such a great forum!

Archived