Rosa Parks Transit Center

resourcefulidiot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what?? really....anyone have any pictures? Im supriseed I havent heard anything about this process. Is this going to serve any function in the planned mass transit/light rail system? or have the capability to serve this function in the future when suhc a system is built

That is the plan, but who knows in Detroit.

that good be good actually. If they dont start work for a little whiler longer and mass transit gains more momentum they might be able to better incorporate this into its light rail context or expand its function/design...but I think that the B.C. hotel rennovation might jumpstart the transit center project. They are using Capital Park as a bus stand and once the BC/Ft Shelby are finished that will start to develop and maybe see some use again (and like they did w/ Cadiallac Square) will have to find a new place for buses...and I think Rosa Parks is probably what theyll do considreing it already "broke ground"

does anyone know is it a funding issue?

• 2 months later...

No, I was in a hurry. It wasn't anything too spectacular. The Lindell AC was one building I wasn't sorry to see go. I'll try to dig up a pre-demolition photo later, but I'm off to bed (I have to work at 5:00am).

Times Square is being removed to make way for the transit center. The Lindell AC is located on the traingle south of State St., while Times Square is located on the triangle north of State St. State St. is going away and the two smaller triangles are going to create one larger triangle.

Times Square is being removed to make way for the transit center. The Lindell AC is located on the traingle south of State St., while Times Square is located on the triangle north of State St. State St. is going away and the two smaller triangles are going to create one larger triangle.

Thanks. I was originally under the impression that it was only filling the park, and not the other triangle.

Archived