Rosa Parks Transit Center

resourcefulidiot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the fancy newness of the new terminal will deter crime.

I agree that the triangle parks should be kept as parks, although I'm not bent out of shape over the bus terminal. I sorta wish the library and GAR would have been built in other places to keep the triangle parks there, although I'm not bent out of shape there either.

Capitol Park is a very shady place. During the day, you'll probably be fine, but I wouldn't trust it at night. I have been through there in the past at night and alone with thousands of dollars of camera equipment, but generally I'd avoid the place. My friend used to live in Capitol Park, and while nothing ever happened to her, there were many instances of cars being broken into or stolen. There are also some ex-convicts and crackheads that hang out in the alley behind the Farwell Building. Steer clear of that area too....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not fearful of Capitol Park at all, but I agree with the statement that it's no place to park a car. You're almost guaranteeing yourself some nice broken windows or no car at all when you return. Kind of rediculous being directly behind Merchants Row and all. I have no doubt brighter days are right around the corner.

As for the bus terminal...maybe when Rosa Parks comes back to Earth for her second life. ;)

Looky, here! We FINALLY have some news on this center. I found this on DEGC's website; the RFP for the transit center went out last month! Better late than never.

RFP - ROSA PARKS TRANSIT CENTER

Wednesday Jan 10, 2007

REQUEST FOR BID PROPOSALS

GENERAL CONTRACT

SITE WORK AND BUILDING CONSTRUCTION

For the

ROSA PARKS TRANSIT CENTER

The Economic Development Corporation of the City of Detroit ("the EDC") invites experienced and qualified firms to submit sealed lump sum Bid Proposals for Site Work and Building Construction associated with the proposed Rosa Parks Transit Center Project in downtown Detroit, Michigan as set forth in Bidding Documents for EDC Bid Package No: 06-DDTC-GC. The Project is located within the general area bordered by Cass Ave (on the west), Michigan Ave (on the south) Times Square (on the north) and Park Place (on the east).

The Work to be performed under the general contract includes site preparation, site utility relocations and service installations, site paving and street reconstruction, caissons and foundations, concrete work, masonry work, structural and miscellaneous steel, building enclosures, interior components, interior finishes, vertical transportation, mechanical systems, electrical systems and controls. The above grade Canopy is not included in this Bid Package. Substantial Completion of the Work is scheduled by June 3, 2008.

Bid Proposal Submittal Date: Friday, January 26, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Bid Proposal Submittal Location: EDC reception desk, 500 Griswold, Suite 2200, Detroit, MI 48226

Pre-Bid Meeting Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Pre-Bid Meeting Location: EDC Conference Room A, 500 Griswold, Suite 2200, Detroit, MI 48226

Copies of the Bidding Documents will be available for purchase beginning Tuesday, December 26, 2006 at:

Dunn Blue Detroit Reprographics

500 Griswold Street, Lower Mezzanine

Detroit, MI 48226

313-961-4444

Contracting Agency /

Owner

• 3 weeks later...

Who says it's happening? This is just that midway article of hope that comes along with most projects in Detroit. Give it another year and a half before shovels are in the ground. That's pretty much what the article is saying anyway. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived