Yet another Dunkin' Donuts for downtown...

Luca Brasi

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is ridiculous. I just saw them hanging the sign on Constitution Plaza on Market Street between Kinsley and Morgan Streets - exactly one block east of the D&D on Main.

They have had the same thing in Providence for years. You can't seem to walk more than 5 minutes without seeing another one.

Some chain stores build to failure. That is to say, they keep putting in stores until one fails. That way thye are certain they have maximized profits in an area. I don't know if DD operates this way but it is very possible.

Some chain stores build to failure. That is to say, they keep putting in stores until one fails. That way thye are certain they have maximized profits in an area. I don't know if DD operates this way but it is very possible.

The bottom line is that DD is a franchise and a relatively inexpensive one considering the level of name recognition. That's why people open them up and they seem to never fail. Low investment, big return. It's just a slam dunk for most people. I can't really argue with that track record. But OK, enough already........

Archived