The Vue vs 210 Trade

monsoon

The Vue vs 210 Trade  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What does competition mean for these two 50+ story residential towers.

• One will be built the other will be canceled
    • One of the projects will be much less than 50 stories
    • Both projects will be smaller
    • Both 50+ story towers will be built
    • Something else (explain)

• 5 months later...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking through old threads and found this one. The answere to this poll is right around the corner now with both 210 and Vue about to get started. Its pretty amazing looking back that we actually got 2 50 story condo towers, and now we may get more!

ps. someone is going to be getting a free meal soon, Charlotteman and SchmopperX........

I was looking through old threads and found this one. The answere to this poll is right around the corner now with both 210 and Vue about to get started. Its pretty amazing looking back that we actually got 2 50 story condo towers, and now we may get more!

ps. someone is going to be getting a free meal soon, Charlotteman and SchmopperX........

It's hard not to shake the feeling that 210 will complete first. That site has the visual momentum of workers and materials.

The foundation is done for 210, right? Just start adding beams and build up? When VUE begins, we will face the months long "staring at a hole" phase again.

I don't think there will be much digging on site.....the Vue Orlando barely went down at all....of course it all depends on how far down solid rock is, but there is no garage to put underground, so they won't necessarily have to go that deep. I predicted sometime last year that The Vue will be completed within 2 months or sooner of 210 Trade, and I'm sticking to it....for now.

I just don't see it. I just remember how long it took Avenue to get past the parking deck and I have a feeling the Vue will have the same sluggish pace until it reaches the amenities deck. Whereas 210 Trade is ready to go into high gear with only the condo floors remaining.

I just don't see it. I just remember how long it took Avenue to get past the parking deck and I have a feeling the Vue will have the same sluggish pace until it reaches the amenities deck. Whereas 210 Trade is ready to go into high gear with only the condo floors remaining.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You also have 210 Trade receiving its foundation from another project. I think there still seems to be some slow progress on both, so it isn't really time to announce losers or winners. I do think 210 has the edge at this point due to its location and the fact that they are already building floors, but all in all we are not in a mode of direct competition for sales, so there is no real x vs y competition going on. Now they must get to reality on their own effort. Whether they happen or not will now be based on how they'll weather the credit crunch and other economic turmoil. I still have a feeling that they'll both happen, but from the example of other projects, both could still fail at their current stage from pulled financing.

Agreed. At this point, regardless of the rate of building floors, 210 has the head start of an existing foundation. That doesn't mean it can't change with a couple more months of basically doing nothing at 210, but if they were to get started in earnest, they could move up pretty quickly.

I disagree with that ^. I think Vue will begin going vertical soon enough, and once it goes vertical, I have a feeling its going to move at a faster pace then 210 Trade for the following reasons:

1) 210 Trade is actually part of a three park development (hotel and epicenter). A lot of work is based off of the development of the other parts, as we have been watching.

2) Vue is on a small simple site that is already graded and ready for pouring. There is enough room around it to fit the cranes and not feel "cramped". 210 Trade fights with the train EpiCenter, which will be opening in the upcoming month, and of course the continuous hotel construction, that they seem to avoid going vertical together with.

3) The housing market pretty much through a freeball in the air, at this point its 0-0 anyones game.

I predict that both will be completed, not necessarily on time, but don't believe they will go through any long-term delays. They are two of some of the stronger projects taking place, and I believe that with some of the projects pulling out- One Charlotte and 300 S Tryon, that will open up some of the remaining buyers to look at these two places. I hesitate to say anything about projects being delayed or canceled at this point because of the surprising delay of 300 S. Tryon. I think, as long as everything goes smoothly with the buyers, that they will both going up vertically together, although 210 Trade should top out first...

I know some of the construction guys getting ready to work on the VUE and sounds like the hold up has been waiting on the city to pass some easements so they can get their cranes on site, and not financing. They are ready to go, but couldn't go any further until they got the city approval. Looks like from the barriers though they are getting ready to start.

I know some of the construction guys getting ready to work on the VUE and sounds like the hold up has been waiting on the city to pass some easements so they can get their cranes on site, and not financing. They are ready to go, but couldn't go any further until they got the city approval. Looks like from the barriers though they are getting ready to start.

Archived