Designed for Richmond

Cadeho

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your nicest design yet, Tommy. Looks like 30 Rock in NYCity (where NBC studios, GE offices and The Rainbow Room overlook the skating rink and the planted promenade leading to Sak's facade on 5th Avenue).

I especially like the bowed (rounded) windows at one end running the height of the building and the terraced roof line.

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda squatty looking, don't ya think? It's as though a building's top has been removed and placed at street level. Not my favorite of your designs.

I like 30 Rock, but also, and maybe especially, the Blue See-Thru. The low-rise at its base could be Richmond's new Symphony Hall with mixed uses in the tower. :shades:

It looks more classical than art deco. Whatever you're doing looks huge! Don't forget... we need something inspired by the West Hospital.. since VCU's chompers are eating the building next door.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea tommy that would be awesome if you could sell your designs to like developers that would be awesome. Maybe you should submitting some to Mr. Douglas Jemal since he will be beginning his projects after his court cases. I think you would be awesome at becoming an awesome architect of course I want to become a Real Estate Developer once I get out of college or at least work for one at first. But yea see what developers would think of your designs I find them highly effective around here.

Thanks guys :) I wish I could market them somehow, but Ive gotten no further than the exterior on most of my better designs. I love how the one Ive done today ended up looking. Probably one of the most detailed.

Im not sure of an exact location for this one. I was thinking somewhere on Cary Street between Carytown and Downtown. Maybe even in the area near Park Place. I think it would look good around there.

Jackson Ward.

I have several places that exist only as sketches right now... one I scribbled a few hours ago. I'll get to them someday.

At the moment I'm preparing a few selected pics from my unedited group of pics to place in a thread for my official 1000th post. I think it's about river/waterside southern cities... well guys... we rule that one.

Richmond needs more than 7 these days. Maybe for some areas. That's be nice for the VAPAF site at that height... but I also want more. Notice how we don't have a big tower north of Broad other than City Hall? PM is good but we need bigger. We need something for that side of downtown.

Richmond needs more than 7 these days. Maybe for some areas. That's be nice for the VAPAF site at that height... but I also want more. Notice how we don't have a big tower north of Broad other than City Hall? PM is good but we need bigger. We need something for that side of downtown.

Cam, we still have VCUMedical West Hospital on North side of Broad, and Theatre Row at 8th as well as the tower at 6th and the Marriott at 5th. Not giant towers, but at least higher than 7 stories. :)

Oh yes, I forgot the MCV buildings and maybe the Theater Row one and the Marriott but the building across from it, I don't think you can see it from any angle unless you're up on it. And of course Philip Morris which could have been higher too.

Oh yes, I forgot the MCV buildings and maybe the Theater Row one and the Marriott but the building across from it, I don't think you can see it from any angle unless you're up on it. And of course Philip Morris which could have been higher too.

Since the Marketplace has been demolished you can get a fine view of that brown tower if you look north up 6th street from Berry Burk.

Archived