Designed for Richmond

Cadeho

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

That has style, Tommy. Nice! Just what Mead Westvaco needs at Founders Park. :)

I like the off-white look with black highlights that you have incorporated in your design.

Do you think maybe the crown could be just a bit more interesting? Thank God it's not flat, but somehow, IMO, the building is too handsome to have this rather mundane roofline. Hope you don't take offense at my critique. :)

For each window in the middle, its 2 floors. For the tall windows at the bottom, there are 3 for each. With the top short windows, is 2. Giving the building around 37 floors, give or take one or two.

That high, eh?

IMO, this structure, if its foot print isn't too large, could rise above the Hole in the Ground at Broad between 6th and 7th. That's about the highest topographical point downtown and your building would really make a statement. It could contain performing arts related facilities on the ground floor along with some high end retail, then offices, condos, apartments and rooftop restaurant. So, just for fun. play around with a revolving roof line as well as other crown designs. :)

That high, eh?

IMO, this structure, if its foot print isn't too large, could rise above the Hole in the Ground at Broad between 6th and 7th. That's about the highest topographical point downtown and your building would really make a statement. It could contain performing arts related facilities on the ground floor along with some high end retail, then offices, condos, apartments and rooftop restaurant. So, just for fun. play around with a revolving roof line as well as other crown designs. :)

Wow, that could very well work! Ill have to mess with it a little bit. I wish the program Im using had the ability to see the building at night. I want that crown up in gold lights!

Cam, one of these days, you should post a couple of your sketches. Im very interested in seeing them :)

No, Tommy. There should be a two or three story setback on the roof wherein a revolving restaurant could twirl and above it another set back housing the buildings mechanical elements and then a considerably higher crown just like you have with the kind of "pleated" look - but at least twice as tall.

What do you think?

No, Tommy. There should be a two or three story setback on the roof wherein a revolving restaurant could twirl and above it another set back housing the buildings mechanical elements and then a considerably higher crown just like you have with the kind of "pleated" look - but at least twice as tall.

What do you think?

So take out that top little section thats sticking out, and putting in a circular shape figure and then make it high to hold the restaurant and mechanical rooms? Then, on top of the circle, make the crown? Do i have it right?

On second thought, I don't think a circular thing would look good. Think Windows of the World at the old :cry: World Trade Center. If the restaurant twirls, it could do so within the square shape, but the more I think of it, the restaurant needn't revolve at all - Windows was stationary. Just add a floor or two to your present rooftop setback, then atop that, recess a few feet and start the steeper pleated cone which could contain mechanicals.

Does that make any sense?

On second thought, I don't think a circular thing would look good. Think Windows of the World at the old :cry: World Trade Center. If the restaurant twirls, it could do so within the square shape, but the more I think of it, the restaurant needn't revolve at all - Windows was stationary. Just add a floor or two to your present rooftop setback, then atop that, recess a few feet and start the steeper pleated cone which could contain mechanicals.

Does that make any sense?

Yeah, I gotcha now :thumbsup:

Yeah, I gotcha now :thumbsup:

Anxious to see rendering of your new design.

If it were to go up at the Thalhimer site, wouldn't the base have to be expanded to cover the entire Broad Street frontage between 6th and 7th? How about terraced wings right and left of the tower? That would provide more ground level space for retail, galleries, performing halls, etc.

And, of course, there would have to be underground parking.

Anxious to see rendering of your new design.

If it were to go up at the Thalhimer site, wouldn't the base have to be expanded to cover the entire Broad Street frontage between 6th and 7th? How about terraced wings right and left of the tower? That would provide more ground level space for retail, galleries, performing halls, etc.

And, of course, there would have to be underground parking.

Haha, Ill get to work on that.

Super, Tommy! Still...there's something not quite right at the top. Maybe another setback on top of the one you have and the cone on top of that. What do you think? It would sort of balance the two set-backs at the building's base.

I love the "pleated" cone.

Lets see if Ive got it right this time.

untitled3et4.png

Archived