Designed for Richmond

Cadeho

This is the design I like. Each of the three setbacks on the building's shaft should affect only one panel of the triangle. Thus, the short horizontal black line about 12 floors from the top should be erased.

If the tower were thirty floors high from the last full setback, for instance, then all the partial ones should be equidistant from one another - or 10 floors apart for a 30-story shaft. i.e., the top of the last setback panel would be the roofline.

We would really need a three dimentional design to see the full effect.

And don't forget the laser beam bursting from the top.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, that movie was on just the other day, too!

I thought this was pretty cool....a color-coded map of the city, and yes, some of the streets are off.

47982n9.jpg

Red - surface lots of half a block or more and sites for future development

Green - existing park and plaza space

Blue - canal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can only imagine all the paper flying around after a gust of wind though!

The building in which I live has lots of balconies, and Management posts notices to remove plants, furniture, etc. when windy weather is expected. People are discouraged from leaving loose materials on their balcony -- although a cat fell from the 35th floor a few years ago and survived. (I can't find an appropriate emoticon to punctuate this -_- .)

Archived