Designed for Richmond

Cadeho

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

How are you guys creating most of these renderings/drawings? Computer program?

I'd love to see more neo-classical / greek revival architecture in Richmond. Would'nt it be awesome if driving down Broad Street, you could look up at Church HIll and see a nice, huge Parthenon replica? Just kidding.... well, sort of.

How are you guys creating most of these renderings/drawings? Computer program?

I'd love to see more neo-classical / greek revival architecture in Richmond. Would'nt it be awesome if driving down Broad Street, you could look up at Church HIll and see a nice, huge Parthenon replica? Just kidding.... well, sort of.

Hey, I for one think that would look great @@@!!! There is an old school or something when you are in the bottom that peeks out from time to time that looks great even in need of renovation

• 3 weeks later...

Not bad, Tommy. One thing I liked about the original "alive" open plan was that those inside could look out and vice versa. Many of your panels can be well lighted and serve this purpose.

Bear in mind that loading docks and other mechanicals are vital elements of a music hall.

I note that you have a fondness for the "cap", though it was worn in a rather rakish manner in VAPAF's original.

Keep pluging!

• 2 weeks later...

It blows my mind that you're able to create that with that google program. I messed around with it for an hour and couldn't make a box.

Careful! It's addicting!

Here's my final VAPAC

vapachp7.png

Facade includes stone, brick, precast concrete, and glass.

How symbolic, an urn. :lol:

It looks great Tommy, but that was the first thing that came to mind about VAPAC.

It blows my mind that you're able to create that with that google program. I messed around with it for an hour and couldn't make a box.

Well you saw that craptastic zigguarat I made... I did try a box and boy let me tell ya...

• 2 months later...

Here's some of my hideous designs, sketched in boredom at work.

towerssketch1.jpg

towerssketch2a.jpg

The second pics have their dates cut off, 5/9 and 5/10.

These are really good, Cam! I really like the one 2nd in from the left on the top row dated as 5/3 // 5/7

Careful! It's addicting!

Here's my final VAPAC

vapachp7.png

Facade includes stone, brick, precast concrete, and glass.

Do you have more components, since I am assuming you are running sketch up for this...? I wish I had the free time to do this kind of creative work...looks good by the way.

• 1 year later...

j97b0o.jpg

A new development on the Reynolds plant... This development has retail, office, and residential space, and also provides a lovely setting for relaxation in downtown Richmond.

The Waterfront features midrise and highrise buildings with facades on the lower 4-6 stories modeled after five great cities in Europe:

Paris, Venice, London, Munich, and Barcelona.

The development also features miniature facades of Notre Dame, the Parliament Building (including Big Ben), the Church of Our Lady (Munich), and La Sagrada Familia. In the Venetian portion of the development, the Rialto Bridge spans the canal, one of four pedestrian crossings.

Limited parking is featured under various buildings of the development; however, parking is also available in garages in Shockoe Slip and the garage over the Downtown Expressway.

The development has been designed to have pedestrian access from various points including Virginia Street, E Byrd Street, and 10th Street.

The waterfront features both retail and restaurant space. Outside various restaurants and shops will be small sitting and dining areas. Themed lighting throughout the development will keep it friendly and safe after nightfall.

Here is an overview of the buildings:

Buildings A-C (Paris)

Parking: Public Parking located below buildings A, B, and C

Building A: Parisian fa

Archived