Designed for Richmond

Cadeho

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burt, sorry for the blank I'm drawing, but what are you envisioning when you say wings?

When I say "wings" I mean terraced extensions outward from about the fourth floor of the tower. For instance, if, as Tommy and I think, the tower could go up over the Thalhimer hole in the ground, the footprint, as it looks now, would not cover enough ground to extend to 6th street on the west and 7th street on the east. Think The Va. Beach Westin. It's a tower rising above an elongated base., but Tommy's building is much more handsome than the VB Westin, so the wings have to be "just so". :)

Interesting. Unique approach, but for now it still reminds me of this..

GPN-2000-000765.jpg

HAHA! I did not think of that! Before I tinkered with the sketch, it started to look like a fire hydrant!

Ok I'm going to bed now... the second sketch from yesterday to be drawn. Again, it's just me playing around...

Imagine... Richmond?

TheSpireresized2.jpg

OMG! I had to laugh at that shuttle again! :rofl:

I really don't get how we have more impressive designs than these so called architects that develop all these flat boxes to our skyline I really wish one of us could take all these designs and forward them to developers and Architects cause I hate all these flat boxes as I had called Richmond agan Flat Box City

• 2 weeks later...

untitledvw7.png

I plan on doing the whole skyline. This is to a general scale.

Wow! That really looks cool. Is there any way you can do the whole skyline and then be able to manipulate it so that you get the 360 degree view at a viewer's leisure? If so, that would REALLY be cool. If not, that's OK, please post the final on this site (perhaps on our new Richmond page) so that people visiting can get a good idea of how dense our city is. What do you think? Maybe you can even add color to the buildings to look just like they do in real life. It's more work, I know, but man, this looks good!

Wow! That really looks cool. Is there any way you can do the whole skyline and then be able to manipulate it so that you get the 360 degree view at a viewer's leisure? If so, that would REALLY be cool. If not, that's OK, please post the final on this site (perhaps on our new Richmond page) so that people visiting can get a good idea of how dense our city is. What do you think? Maybe you can even add color to the buildings to look just like they do in real life. It's more work, I know, but man, this looks good!

Thanks man! When I finish the whole thing, I was going to do views from the north, south, east and west and then maybe a few aerials. When I add color, it lags a little, but Ill see what I can do :thumbsup:

Archived