Designed for Richmond

Cadeho

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hows about this?

untitledse9.png

Too bland?

Wow! Thats smokin', something about that top that still (to me) says just a little more, I can't put my finger on it but maybe an example would the Chrystler building.

20050924-52.jpg

I'm thinking something in the way of a public observation area, just done in a tasteful manner that compliments the rest of building..without going overboard ofcourse. :D ..and by overboard I mean not too *Gothic*..if that makes any sence.

Thanks man! It's almost like it was made for that spot...

untitledtf2.png

Now this is just down-right COOL!

Just throwing in an idea, Merritt. Wonder if a sort of teepee top growing out of a sleek glass & steel crown would work? Three i-beams extended in teepee fashion and each of a different height. The glass top could include an Ob deck and perhaps even a restaurant.

And while we're talking about tenants, how about Dominion Power as prime naming rights occupant? After all, they own the land.

Also perhaps underground parking could extend under adjoining streets.

The small adjacent triangle should be the site of a really daring and exciting fountain. But it mustn't fall under the juristriction of the current Fountain Czar who would turn it off whenever the whim struck him. :rofl:

Wow! I think #3 is the way to go. Great Job!! :thumbsup:

Yea. Of the choices shown I'd go with #3 also. But I still think the crown could be played around with a bit.

Are you crazy - we've got to put a fountain at the top of that thing. :)

:rofl: Raindrops keep falling on my head......

How about this? a 2-story complete glass circle set back atop the last tier; then a set back with a 2 story complete square atop the glass circle; thence an open-air two-sided spire with a hole thru which a laser beam shoots skyward?

Maybe the Religious Freedom group would occupy the upper portions as its monument while floors 1 thru 41 served commercial tenants.

The entire structure to the top of the 2-sided open-air spire would equal 50 stories - approximately seven hundred feet.

Yeah....but even still. Those renderings are insane, and even a low key form of that would be impressive. I love all that modern jazz.

The VB designs are fine for a resort. But I like your design for Richmond.

Play around with my idea of the Religious Freedom theme top and add it to your "sample" roof lines.

Oh, and make it fifty ONE stories.

Archived