• New Wachovia Project
    • Trademark
    • Courtside
    • The Park
    • Royal Court

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my #1 choice was not on there, the Panos Tower, I love the pink stucco, the myrtle beach look to it, the lack of skyline views, and the fact it used to be a clock tower, I don't think you could get classier. I mean seriously could you???

but since that wasn't a choice it was a toss up between the vue and 210 trade. god I can't imagine picking between the two, I love west trade, there is so much cultural activity, and ya'll just wait for all the restaurants that will be built in that area in the coming years, but, 210 trade, wow, what an awesome place, we already have named celebrities reserving penthouses before the public sees the floorplans, so it must be something special if they picked it over the amazing penthouses at the vue, not that I like to follow whatever the high and mighty follows but there is gonna be so much to do, just down the elevator from your home, gonna go to wet willys at epicenter, get a call a cab with friends go do some bowling, or go to mama fu's and catch a flick with a beer in my hand (I think the movie theatre will happen, its gotta, especially with the success of the one at ballantyne.) So yea because of unfortunately circumstances where my top choices wasn't listed I picked 210 trade hehe

When i saw all of the condo tower designs, I was amazed at both 210 Trade and Avenue. I liked Avenue more because of its classy design, but 210 was right up there with all of its amenities. They both gave that New York condo feeling of being surrounded by skyscrapers and urban fabric, even though we are talking about Charlotte, NC which barely has 110 buildings compared to the over 5000 buildings in NYC.

no laughs at all damn I'm loosing my touch

No worries I thought it was funny. But seriously though, 210 gets my vote entirely. Nothing like saying you want to watch a movie or go bowling and catching the elevator down right to them. If I worked there somehow, I'd probably never even leave the building (aside from being outside on the sundeck :shades: )

The Vue (preferably with a Chinese pharmacist :) ) is my first choice. But I might put the Wachovia condo tower as second choice, as it will be LEED certified and will be in the heart of the new arts district and so close to the new park.

I like Berkman too, but I voted for the Vue. I want to be able to see the forest for the trees and with Berkman being in the center of it all, well that's a plus convenience-wise, but a negative when it comes to a skyline view... at least in my opinion. That said, I do think Berkman is the classiest of all the towers proposed and it's still my fave.

i voted berkman... something about being right there in the middle... nice design, too. but, my second choice, without having seen the rendering, would be wachovia. i like that this is a LEED project and it will be in an up & coming entertainment/cultural area. i would just hate to end up with a view of duke energy building, though.

• 3 months later...

Somebody really bumped this one. I still find it amazing that, despite the Vue's uncertainty, it's still up there with TTT. What's appealing about living four blocks from anything?

I can assure you that living less than 200 feet from Harris Teeter's front door is much more important than living above a bunch of drunk/partying college kids when it's 10pm on a cold winter night with the wind howling and you're in desparate need of toilet paper.

The comment does illustrate what has been mentioned on other threads though.....the concept of walking a couple of blocks in Charlotte is as bizarre as owning a Hummer in Amsterdam

Somebody really bumped this one. I still find it amazing that, despite the Vue's uncertainty, it's still up there with TTT. What's appealing about living four blocks from anything?

I personally voted for the Vue because I think that if it is built its a nicer property and I happen to like W. Trade better than where 210 trade is located. (I know it is just a few blocks) I am not sure that living in a building (210 trade) where there is an entertainment center on the ground floor is something that most people are going to care for in the long run. It's my guess that most people, including myself, are not going to want to deal with the hassles that come from that in day to day living where there is a constant flux of people coming and going in the pursuit of looking for a good time.

I base this on my experience of having grown up in Myrtle Beach, and from responses from my parents who still live there, in that the best thing you can do there is to go to a place where there are no tourists. (known as tourons :lol: ) Nobody that really lives there wants to live in a place with tourists.

I base this on my experience of having grown up in Myrtle Beach, and from responses from my parents who still live there, in that the best thing you can do there is to go to a place where there are no tourists.

Oh I know, it was the same way in Sydney when I lived there. With the exception of the occasional opera or concert at the SOH, it was taboo to go anywhere related to tourism, including dining in the then AMP Tower. I'm aware of the hassles of living near an entertainment complex, but I've been there done that, and so it's not that big of a deal to me. And yes, I 100% agree, people should walk around uptown more; but then what would we need the streetcar for? :whistling:

If I was to move into an uptown condo right now, it would have to be 210 Trade because of all the entertainment options and the fact that it is across the street from the Bobcats arena. However, if I were to move into an uptown condo later in life, then I think I would chose the new Wachovia condos. I think it would be nice to live a stone throw away from musuems and the new Wachovia tower. :thumbsup:

• 11 months later...

Archived