Bass Pro project delayed

Bears

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. Plans for Bass Pro Shops (multiple locations) in Alabama have been greatly delayed, too.

I wonder if the company is doing poorly ?

This is one of the Megastores like the one in MO. Its gonna go into the Pyramid and there is another project similar to it in Buffalo which was announced a long time ago but hasn't moved.

"'I mean they're going to commit basically hundreds of millions of dollars on this facility. In fact, Bass Pro officials have indicated they'd like to build...an indoor cypress swamp..."

MMMMMMMMMMM!!! FUN!!!!!

I wonder if it's gonna have all the west nile fun to go with it!

I wonder if the Pyramid was built up to earthquake standards. I would hope so.

I know part of the hype of the Pyramid was, given the earthquake prone nature of its location, that the pyramid form is one of the most stable and earthquake resistant architectural designs out there. Whether that translates to our Pyramid, and whether it accounts to whatever soil is underneath is another thing altogether.

I know part of the hype of the Pyramid was, given the earthquake prone nature of its location, that the pyramid form is one of the most stable and earthquake resistant architectural designs out there. Whether that translates to our Pyramid, and whether it accounts to whatever soil is underneath is another thing altogether.

I think you're right about the structure being earthquake resistant, but the soil that its built on is basically silt thats been building up for centuries. I read this in a CA article a while back. It also stated that the Pyramid was expected to sink about 5 to 10 ft in the course of its lifetime. Maybe thats what the BPS folks are studying?:huh: From reading about their track record with these types of announcements, I expected a delay so its no surprise to me.

I think you're right about the structure being earthquake resistant, but the soil that its built on is basically silt thats been building up for centuries. I read this in a CA article a while back. It also stated that the Pyramid was expected to sink about 5 to 10 ft in the course of its lifetime. Maybe thats what the BPS folks are studying?:huh: From reading about their track record with these types of announcements, I expected a delay so its no surprise to me.

The only thing I wonder is whether it's just Mud Island that's sinking. Maybe the silt includes the low-level area that the Pyramid is on. I'm almost certain that the bluffs of downtown are much more solid. But what do I know?

The only thing I wonder is whether it's just Mud Island that's sinking. Maybe the silt includes the low-level area that the Pyramid is on. I'm almost certain that the bluffs of downtown are much more solid. But what do I know?

none of the ground which downtown sits on is seismically stable. skyscraper construction in memphis would be more expensive than some other cities, because bedrock is quite deep. and modern skyscapers are typically fastened to bedrock.

Have the Grizzlies forgotten that the Desoto Civic Center is just 20 minutes south of their current home? I believe it would be a suitable secondary home for the Griz.

DCC is too small. Only 8,000 seats so I don't think its even NBDL standards

Archived