Downtown Parking

Bears

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4867164

Parking is getting harder and harder with all the developments going down. Certainly, this is a factor in the rise in trolley ridership. There is a study being commissioned by the CCC for the future needs for the Med District's Parking and I think everyone agrees it'll be greatly needed in the future. Are there any free and safe lots near the trolley line? I don't think the garage at Pauline and Madison costs anything but I could be wrong.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parking is getting harder and harder with all the developments going down. Certainly, this is a factor in the rise in trolley ridership. There is a study being commissioned by the CCC for the future needs for the Med District's Parking and I think everyone agrees it'll be greatly needed in the future. Are there any free and safe lots near the trolley line? I don't think the garage at Pauline and Madison costs anything but I could be wrong.

I think this is a wonderful problem to have! There might be no better indicator of a vibrant, successful downtown than a shortage of parking.

• 1 month later...

This might explain some of the problem with downtown parking. Article is from the June 16th Commercial Appeal, written by Kendall Jones.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local/...4778313,00.html

How ironic that it was judges who were hit worst. I suppose I have been lucky as my car has remained in place and intact, while only suffering one aggressive panhandling event back in 2001.

It makes you wonder, though, where was security while this was happening to the judges' cars?

Archived