Southwind/Germantown crimewave

Bears

I think a lot of the crime wave has to do with the fact that a lot of businesses in the Hickory Hill area are closing up and moving further down Winchester. It only makes sense that criminals will follow them. I would like to also point out that Southwind is a part of the City of Memphis and adjoins Germantown. I am pretty sure that the publicized crimie has been located within the Memphis city limits. This doesn't mean that Germantown should in any way not be concerned about what is happening.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Memphian, I think you are right about the the businesses moving that is causing an increase in crime. The funny thing is that moving down the street is prolonging in the inevitable. Hopefully the new Hickory Hill police station will stem the flow.

I also think that New Orleans crime is a big part of the problem. There is an older article here that talks about southern cities seeing crime spikes: http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=1320056

I hope that the city will try to get assistance from FEMA for having to expend additional resources that we don't have.

Archived