Best Nightlife/Restaurant Scene

Rwarky

Which city has the best nightlife/restaurant scene?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which city has the best nightlife/restaurant scene?

• Boston
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Philadelphia

So Providence has a large gay scene? I'm always interested in checking out the clubs, bars, etc. in other cities. I think it's largely because I don't care too much for the scene in NYC and find a visit to another city a nice, refreshing change!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a shot boy at mirabar ;)

Ahh I thought your avatar looked familiar :whistling:

So Providence has a large gay scene? I'm always interested in checking out the clubs, bars, etc. in other cities. I think it's largely because I don't care too much for the scene in NYC and find a visit to another city a nice, refreshing change!

I think theres 8 bars overall, with Diesel being gay on Sunday nights only. Some of them are REALLY creepy though, so make sure you ask around first like Mikey said.

Thanks for the advice, guys :thumbsup:

Are most of the bars/clubs/whatever clustered in an enclave, or are they scattered about the metro area? I grew up in Norfolk, VA, which is similar in size and number of gay establishments to Providence. But everything was spread out all over the place, so if you wanted to gay club hop you'd have to drive/cab all over the place.

Since I've been in NJ (2 years) I've wanted to take a great tour d'new england. Newport, Providence, Cape Cod, Boston, Portsmouth, Portland, Bar Harbor/other Coastal Maine spots are all places I really want to visit. I've been skiing in the mountains of VT and NH but I really want to get to the coastal cities. I think watching reruns of Murder She Wrote when I was a kid piqued my interest in the region. It's not that far away, so I have no excuse not to go sometime.

Thanks for the advice, guys :thumbsup:

Are most of the bars/clubs/whatever clustered in an enclave, or are they scattered about the metro area? I grew up in Norfolk, VA, which is similar in size and number of gay establishments to Providence. But everything was spread out all over the place, so if you wanted to gay club hop you'd have to drive/cab all over the place.

Since I've been in NJ (2 years) I've wanted to take a great tour d'new england. Newport, Providence, Cape Cod, Boston, Portsmouth, Portland, Bar Harbor/other Coastal Maine spots are all places I really want to visit. I've been skiing in the mountains of VT and NH but I really want to get to the coastal cities. I think watching reruns of Murder She Wrote when I was a kid piqued my interest in the region. It's not that far away, so I have no excuse not to go sometime.

most of the bars/clubs in providence are all within walking distance of each other. i don't know all the gay clubs, so i couldn't tell you much about those, but i know a few of them are within easy walking distance... mirabar, diesel, the dark lady.

The gay bars in Providence are pretty much all Downcity (within stumbling distance of each other). There's a strip club and a bathhouse south of Downcity on Allens Avenue though (if that's your thing :blush: ).

• 2 months later...

Archived