Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

World's smallest apartment?

38 posts in this topic

247 a week for that? It reminds me of the apartment Bruce Willis had on The 5th Element.

It must be next door to Windsor Castle. That is highway robbery. If I was a flight attendant or a Scotland Yard agent maybe...anyone else it just doesn't make financial sense.

That's not an apartment, it's a remodeled POD! Actually, even a POD is twice as large as that.

I would rather live in a mini van.

He needs to lose the sink. It takes up half the room!

apartment11.jpg

Imagine the horror in that place after a night of spicy Mexican food, refried beans and cheap beer...

People (mostly single men in their 20s) will be found dead in those flats!

I checked the Amtrak site. That apartment is 30% smaller than an Amtrak one bedroom sleeper suite on their superliner trains.

Man, whoever gets that place pays more than my house payment and escrow combined per month. Plus I have almost 32x the space!! I hope there are some BIG time perks with that place!! :lol:

Hey I say Party at his place next weekend . . . BYOSpace. :lol:

Very interesting place. I wonder what it must be like to live there? I wonder WHO would live there/

If it was cheaper, I would consider it.

Man, whoever gets that place pays more than my house payment and escrow combined per month. Plus I have almost 32x the space!! I hope there are some BIG time perks with that place!! :lol:

Maybe the maid comes by twice a week to clean your pipes.

Keep in mind this is London - where it is very expensive. But the $247 fee - is per week, amounting to roughly $1000 a month. In that case - without knowing the average rate of a studio apartment, I wouldn't think it's worth it.

But the concept is commendable - at least promoting it for homeless / poverty level singles.

Unbelievable. A person would be crazy to try and live in that, and he would be even crazier to pay the equivalent of $1,000 per month for that insane level of claustrophobia. I wouldn't care where it is, or how expensive the city it's located in is, it's utterly outrageous. If you put together 16 of these, you'd get 1,000 Sq Ft. Only problem is your rent would be a whopping $16,000 per month! :shok:

Wow...even my brother gets a MUCH bigger place than that for $1100/mo in San Francisco, and it's supposed to be the second most expensive city in the US to live in. You'd have to be nuckin futs to live in that little POS place.

Reminds me of those "hotel rooms" at the Japanese airports, they are basically holes in the walls of the airport concourses where you can slide in and sleep, very very well equipped by tiny as heck. Only the basics I guess.

Reminds me of those "hotel rooms" at the Japanese airports, they are basically holes in the walls of the airport concourses where you can slide in and sleep, very very well equipped by tiny as heck. Only the basics I guess.

How comparable are these with Kramer's drawers?

247 a week for that? It reminds me of the apartment Bruce Willis had on The 5th Element.

It reminds me of Bender's apartment in Futurama. :P

Angus Higgins

I wish my child would buy something like that, boy i'll be heated ecspecially for 247 a month.

^^lol, you'd still pay it for them?

What is most troubling is what is next for microhabitats?

My pop-up camper is bigger than that. I'll never complain about the lack of square footage of my single wide mobile home again. As for the poor sap that has to live there. I'd say the word "sucker" was wriiten on his / her forehead when the lease contract was signed.

It's like Broderick's apartment in Election when he moves to NYC.

What is even the point of that? It seems to me like they probably only built that just to set a record.