World's smallest apartment?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apartment11.jpg

Imagine the horror in that place after a night of spicy Mexican food, refried beans and cheap beer...

People (mostly single men in their 20s) will be found dead in those flats!

I checked the Amtrak site. That apartment is 30% smaller than an Amtrak one bedroom sleeper suite on their superliner trains.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind this is London - where it is very expensive. But the $247 fee - is per week, amounting to roughly $1000 a month. In that case - without knowing the average rate of a studio apartment, I wouldn't think it's worth it.

But the concept is commendable - at least promoting it for homeless / poverty level singles.

Unbelievable. A person would be crazy to try and live in that, and he would be even crazier to pay the equivalent of $1,000 per month for that insane level of claustrophobia. I wouldn't care where it is, or how expensive the city it's located in is, it's utterly outrageous. If you put together 16 of these, you'd get 1,000 Sq Ft. Only problem is your rent would be a whopping $16,000 per month! :shok:

Reminds me of those "hotel rooms" at the Japanese airports, they are basically holes in the walls of the airport concourses where you can slide in and sleep, very very well equipped by tiny as heck. Only the basics I guess.

Reminds me of those "hotel rooms" at the Japanese airports, they are basically holes in the walls of the airport concourses where you can slide in and sleep, very very well equipped by tiny as heck. Only the basics I guess.

How comparable are these with Kramer's drawers?

• 2 weeks later...

My pop-up camper is bigger than that. I'll never complain about the lack of square footage of my single wide mobile home again. As for the poor sap that has to live there. I'd say the word "sucker" was wriiten on his / her forehead when the lease contract was signed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived