Kiplinger's says Nashville # 1 smart place to move

smeagolsfree

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Article

Main Article Intro

I thought this was a funny quote-

Although "Music City" may have worked fine in the days of Hank Sr., our top pick among great, affordable places to live needs a new moniker. We suggest "Nashville: Music Is Just the Beginning."

Nashville

PR like this is invaluable.

"check out Little Hollywood, a quirky selection of small, brightly painted stucco homes from the '30s and '40s in the rolling hills of Lockeland Springs. " from the Kiplinger article.

I didn't know I had once lived in such a trendy place, many, many years ago. If anyone is familiar with the area, we actually lived in the two story log cabin on Electric Avenue for a few months. I remember it was beautiful inside. Pretty awesome to a 10 year old kid.

Glad to hear that a revival is occuring in the neighborhood.

Ahhh......yet another reputable and esteemed magazine giving lots of positive press to the city. So it's not only one of the best places to work and do business in, we are also one of the best places to live. We must for sure only have a few negatives if thats the case, or in other words Nashville and Tennessee must be doing a heck of a lot of things VERY right.

This is great news for Nashville.....

This should be posted in the southern section as well. Why you may ask...because with as much bad mouthing Atlanta gets, she sure does rank high in many of these rankings. I'll take 4th place. Some other cities didn't even make the list.

Again, great news for Nashville. I'm all for uplifting any southern city. :thumbsup:

I love the postive outlook Nashville is getting from the rest of the country.

I like the fact that [of course] Franklin and Brentwood were mentioned..why couldn't it mention Hendersonville, Lebanon, La Vergne, or Goodlettesville..ahh..guess Franklin and Brentwood are the "poster children" for Nashville suburbs. ^_^

I love the postive outlook Nashville is getting from the rest of the country.

I like the fact that [of course] Franklin and Brentwood were mentioned..why couldn't it mention Hendersonville, Lebanon, La Vergne, or Goodlettesville..ahh..guess Franklin and Brentwood are the "poster children" for Nashville suburbs. ^_^

I think Hendersonville is a better poster child...

I know a lot of folks in Hendersonville, but I don't see what's so great about it? I know there's a lot of money there, so why don't they update theid Main Street? That's where Hendersonville, Lebanon, La Vergne, and Goodlettsville lose to our southern suburbs

Checkout the Hendersonville website and the Star News. We are working on it. Unlike Franklin, Hendersonville did not even exist until 1970 and this was long after the time of "main streets." We have to start from tscratch so it take a while. Hendersonville's longterm plans for a mainstreet/downtown area are ambitious and are beginning to see financial support from the community.

Archived