metropolitan deluxe in green hills

brownhound

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, competition forced them out of the mall. I e-mailed someone from Metropolitan Deluxe Nashville store and received this answer:

It closed the end of the month. WE have been there almost 8 years. It was a great store but I would not renew for another term after they put Z gallerie and david home in at the end.

I have a LOVE HATE relationship with IKEA! Love their stuff... but HATE the fact that there is NO Ikea in South Florida (though they sent us a letter announcing they would be building up the road from where I live over 4 years ago). You'd think there would be one, at least in Miami... But nope... the closest Ikea to us is in Atlanta!! Now they are announcing that the new Ikea will open at about a 10min. WALK from my home, in Summer of 2007 (by which time I'll be living in Nashville, and then Atlanta will STILL be the closest one to me... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!) I think its pretty rediculous that it takes them so long to open stores, and that there are like 10 ikeas between NY and Maine, and only 1 serving all of the south. Oh well!!!

Hey, Id love to be able to buy from ANY store I wanted to... reality is I have a limited budget. But I enjoy modern, urban furnishings. And within my price range, Ikea is a great asset. Especially when it comes to furnishing kids bedrooms... I would never buy ALL my furniture from Ikea, but it is a great store to shop at for certain items. Pottery Barn is also great, as is (my fav in terms of national store chains) storehouse and restoration hardware, but they are not always "affordable". I love the smaller regional stores as well. And even a cosignment shop and thriftstore. But again, Ikea is a great store to have around (ala Target!).

I wouldn't generalize their products, considering the huge variety of stuff they carry. True some of the laminated pieces are particle pressed, but they also have solid wood pieces, cabinets, etc. Good lamps, rugs, chairs, bookshelves, linens, cookware, etc.

What's the fascination with IKEA? Yes, it's kind of cool, but it's cheap, particle-pressed, and poorly-constructed--a lot like something you'd find in a dorm room. I say buy better quality urban decor elsewhere.

Speaking of Target -- seen the expansion of the White Bridge Rd store? It's going to be humongous.

Hey, Id love to be able to buy from ANY store I wanted to... reality is I have a limited budget. But I enjoy modern, urban furnishings. And within my price range, Ikea is a great asset. Especially when it comes to furnishing kids bedrooms... I would never buy ALL my furniture from Ikea, but it is a great store to shop at for certain items. Pottery Barn is also great, as is (my fav in terms of national store chains) storehouse and restoration hardware, but they are not always "affordable". I love the smaller regional stores as well. And even a cosignment shop and thriftstore. But again, Ikea is a great store to have around (ala Target!).

I have a LOVE HATE relationship with IKEA! Love their stuff... but HATE the fact that there is NO Ikea in South Florida (though they sent us a letter announcing they would be building up the road from where I live over 4 years ago). You'd think there would be one, at least in Miami... But nope... the closest Ikea to us is in Atlanta!! Now they are announcing that the new Ikea will open at about a 10min. WALK from my home, in Summer of 2007 (by which time I'll be living in Nashville, and then Atlanta will STILL be the closest one to me... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!) I think its pretty rediculous that it takes them so long to open stores, and that there are like 10 ikeas between NY and Maine, and only 1 serving all of the south. Oh well!!!

You do know that IKEA is buidling an import center @ the port of Savannah. I presume to better serve the stores that will be opening in the south. I love IKEA. Now that the store in ATL has been open almost a year (I went the first day and filled a cargo van full of furniture items I had tagged for over a year and have been back many times), I'm sure that they are identifying zip codes to see where a new store might be feasible. It would be great to have a blue box in Nashville or somewhere in Tennessee for that matter.

Archived