Office complex in Chattanooga

Just found this on one of the bid sites and thought hankster may know what this is. I was thinking it could be the new Bluecross HQ. 800,000 sq ft .

here is what I found:

CW#: 357798

Project Type: Office Buildings

Estimated Value: 200 million

Subscribe to view all location information

Construction Schedule: Est. Start Date: 10/2006

Constructi...

Subscribe to view all information

Est. End Date: 1/2009

Constructi...

Subscribe to view all information

Details: Plans call for an 800,000 square foot corporate campus that ...

Subscribe to view all project detail information

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is indeed the new Blue Cross HQ. If only land was as scarce in Chattanooga as it is in Atlanta, we'd be looking at 50+ floors instead of the 6-7 it will be.

You're absolutely right! I wish it were at least 30 stories, but at least, it's downtown! I can't beleive they still haven't issued a rendering for the project. Also, the article says it will start in October. It seems like this project has been slowly pushed back for some reason. Originally, I believe it was to start before June, then I think it was August. Now it looks like October.

The challange will be filling all the empty class A office space left when blue Cross relocates to their new building... I think one article that I read said that there will be something like 400,000 sq ft of office space emptied out of the CBD when the move is made

The challange will be filling all the empty class A office space left when blue Cross relocates to their new building... I think one article that I read said that there will be something like 400,000 sq ft of office space emptied out of the CBD when the move is made

It will be a challenge, but the city has already developed a plan for addressing this that will hopefully fill up the place in a relatively short time.

Another thing to consider is that while the height is only 6-7 stories, the complex will be on top of a hill that overlooks downtown, so it will still make a significant contribution to the city's skyline.

It will look better than the apartments ever did. However, I wish they had torn down the Golden Gateway complex and built a real high rise there. I remember when that was a Red Food, and a Zayers. It's an eyesore now

Archived