Overall, is the Triad accepting of interracial relationships?

Rwarky

Overall, is the Triad accepting of interracial relationships?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, is the Triad accepting of interracial relationships?

• Yes
    • No

I am a proponent of interracial dating and marriage. I live in the Triad and see all races of women that I'm attracted to. Do you feel that Triad, overall, is accepting of interracial intrelationships. Are certain kinds of interracial relationships more accepted than others?

*No offensive posts, please!*

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think North Carolinians, no matter what race you are still have a problem with it. I dont because we are all people and if you love someone, race shouldnt even matter. Interacial couples in North Carolina do get the stares. In the northeast part of the country, its alot more accepting. I think asian/white relationships are more aceptable than black/white or black/hispanic relationships. But North Carolina still has it problems with race.

I think most people are "tolerant" to "accepting" of interracial relationships. While I have absolutely no problems with interracial relationships and most of my peers have the same opinion. I really believe now that an interracial couple can live fairly free of worry in most parts of our country. However, there area small minded people who would rather cause these folks trouble in all parts of the country. I wouldn't forsee an interracial couple having problems in the triad, however you may still get an off-handed remark from a small-minded person.

Greensboro affairs well on the inter-racial matter. However, once you leave the Triad in *some* towns, forget it!
I know our church is very accepting of interracial couples. Our pastor's son is married to a girl of another race, as is one of his step-daughters. Beyond that, there are several interracial couples within the church.

Outside of what I've seen in my church (which is in Apex BTW), it does seem to vary depending on where you are in the state...and also perhaps the age of the person you are speaking to.

Archived