Which "smaller" southeastern city has the best skyline?

Tennesseestorm

Which smaller southern city has the best skyline?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which smaller southern metro city has the best skyline?

• Bristol, TN-VA
    • Asheville, NC
    • Mt. Airy, NC
    • Macon, GA
    • Anniston, AL
    • Tupelo, MS
    • Brooksville, FL
    • Anderson, SC
    • Dalton, GA
    • Boone, NC
    • Wytheville, VA
    • Beckley, WV (if you consider WV "southern")
    • London, KY (if you consider KY "southern")
    • Gatlinburg, TN
    • Vicksburg, MS

Which southern city do you think has the most distinct skyline?

(Sorry, this is my first "poll" and is mainly just a test run).

I did not mean to put "if you consider "KY" southern. I was going to put another WV city here, but did not and forgot to change that. Sorry Kentucky. :)

Thanks for participating.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Myrtle Beach really that small? They have North Myrtle and Myrtle and South Myrtle. I dont think it's very small since the last time I visited in 04 :dontknow:

There are very few people that actually live there. But the area swells to a half million during peak times.

Is Myrtle Beach really that small? They have North Myrtle and Myrtle and South Myrtle. I dont think it's very small since the last time I visited in 04 :dontknow:

According to the census website, Both Myrtle and N. Myrtle would add up to around 40K. However, Horry Co. totals 226K. So there's quite a few folks in the area outside of tourists...

I have to give this to Asheville. So many of these other towns listed, as attractive and appealing as they may be just don't have much of a skyline.

What is the logic behind the choise of cities? They appear to be extremely random, and if thats the case then thats fine. I have been to quite a few of these places, and none of them have skylines worth mentioning except Asheville and maybe Macon. Also, I wouldn't compare Asheville to Anderson... thats just not fair. Anderson has 1 building downtown that is more than 3 stories tall, and Asheville has quite a few more people.

• 4 weeks later...

Leaving out Asheville because I believe it's in a different league than the others, I had to go with Gatlingburg. Although small, it feels dense and somewhat urban.

And let's not forget the beautiful setting on the edge of the Great Smokey Mountains.

Archived