Where do you fall on the political/ideological spectrum?

Political Leanings  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you fall on the political/ideological spectrum?

• Very Liberal
    • Moderate Liberal (Lean left of center)
    • Moderate (Center)
    • Moderate Conservative (Lean right of center)
    • Very Conservative

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm acutally Left handed...thanks for asking.

I learned awhile back that you keep that crap to yourself and say these magic words: "I play down the middle," or as ma always said "I live and let live."

Your kidding... dad is so friggin open minded its ridiculous: as evidenced by the Mystery Project Clearinghouse thread.

The mere fact that you think red = closed minded is why I don't talk about politics here Rizzo. I try to approach issues with a clear head and without political talking points.

I'm with you dad, I consider myself a true liberal, because I accept ALL views, with the exception of things that are harmful to other people. But I don't want to have that debate either we beat that dead horse about once every two months or so.

The mere fact that you think red = closed minded is why I don't talk about politics here Rizzo. I try to approach issues with a clear head and without political talking points.

I never affiliated colors with types of mindes. ?huh I learned some time ago that a lot of people run with the live and let live philosophy. By all means don't let me of all people, dictate whether or not you voice your political opinion. You're obviously the one guy that can shut me up by the click of a mouse. I think from now on I'll be less sarcastic and if I am I'll display this :P = sarcastic or this :silly:

:P:silly:

i think its tough to pigeon hole yourself in a certain category above -- can i call myself a federalist like george washington & alexander hamilton?

but with my vote its nearly balanced on both sides of the spectrum -- i think its interesting to note that this community is very diverse in its political tendencies.

I am really what can best described as a Constitutional Fundamentalist. Limited Gov't. No corporate/ private welfare. Promote the General Welfare, not provide for it. Provide for the Common Defense. build a sonic wall around the country, keep illegals out. There should be one airport, sea port for all immigrants to come in. only 1

• 1 month later...

After reading some of the explanations, I feel that I should expand on my place on the political spectrum. I believe in less regulation from government to increase opportunities for everyone, however I feel that limits and requirements on public aid, including welfare and government assistance, should be increased to offer and require increased financial and general education to improve the skills for the low income to succeed in the workforce. I very conservative when it comes to financial matters of the government. Taxes should not be increased, however government spending must also be drastically cut. Unnecessary federal programs, jobs, and other services need to be eliminated. I also believe that cities and urban cores are essential to everyone, and urban development, public transportation, and pedestrian friendly development should be encouraged, without over regulation of use. I also think that the governments should allow and recognize the civil unions of same sex couples, eliminate abortion as a form of birth control, start a process to continually reduce the use of Social Security and eventually privatize it with the market, improve foreign relations, and prevent over-zealous nonreligious persons from removing references to any deity from any government function, documentation, or location. If they don

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

In a perfect world and in a perfect nation, every person would be an independent and then choose their policies based upon the issues that lay before them. This would foster the healthiest exercise of any democracy. The founding fathers knew that 200 some years ago and fought against any major political parties. This is also why I am completely for political party reforms to allow greater third party access in government. Who knows, if we had a stronger third party in congress, the last 8 years might not have been as bad since it would have been harder for a party to have a majority (this stance applies for both sides of the political spectrum). It also encourages more politicians to be bi-partisan. This thought coming from a moderate liberal.

There's me being all patriotic for the day.

Also, on a more personal note and opinion, as great of a day as it was on November the fourth to inaugurate the first black man as president (thus partially living up to our founding principals), let's keep in mind that it was also a disasterous step back for many other Americans. These patriotic and law-abiding citizens lost one of their most cherished civil rights at the same time one was gaining the greatest one of them all.

Please read up on the political fallout over Prop 8's passage in California.

In a perfect world and in a perfect nation, every person would be an independent and then choose their policies based upon the issues that lay before them. This would foster the healthiest exercise of any democracy. The founding fathers knew that 200 some years ago and fought against any major political parties. This is also why I am completely for political party reforms to allow greater third party access in government. Who knows, if we had a stronger third party in congress, the last 8 years might not have been as bad since it would have been harder for a party to have a majority (this stance applies for both sides of the political spectrum). It also encourages more politicians to be bi-partisan. This thought coming from a moderate liberal.

There's me being all patriotic for the day.

Also, on a more personal note and opinion, as great of a day as it was on November the fourth to inaugurate the first black man as president (thus partially living up to our founding principals), let's keep in mind that it was also a disasterous step back for many other Americans. These patriotic and law-abiding citizens lost one of their most cherished civil rights at the same time one was gaining the greatest one of them all.

Please read up on the political fallout over Prop 8's passage in California.

The California Supreme Court agreed today to hear challenges to Prop 8 - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And don't look for Newt to go away any time soon, snoogit - he's prepping for a run in 2012. Should be interesting - Romney vs Gingrich vs Huckabee vs Palin and each one of them fighting for that all important Focus on the Family vote. I can hardly wait.

Archived