Escanaba

michaelskis

One community that I am surprised that no one has discussed on here is Escanaba. Located on Little Bay De Noc, on Lake Michigan, Escanaba has provides a historic small town atmosphere, post card views of the bay, countless outdoor activities in every season, a mild climate for the Upper Peninsula, and a true family environment for it

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and on the west side by the intersection of US-2 and M-41.

US-41, you mean.

Seriously though, I've been to Escanaba a few times. Nice town. Anyone here seen Escanaba In Da Moonlight? Cripes almighty, dat movie was hilarious, eh?

P. S. How in the WORLD can a town have a ShopKo (attached to a dead mall*), a Wal-Mart Stuporcenter, and a tiny Kmart all doing business within three blocks?

* You know a mall is dead when it has a food court without any restaurants.

US-41, you mean.

Seriously though, I've been to Escanaba a few times. Nice town. Anyone here seen Escanaba In Da Moonlight? Cripes almighty, dat movie was hilarious, eh?

P. S. How in the WORLD can a town have a ShopKo (attached to a dead mall*), a Wal-Mart Stuporcenter, and a tiny Kmart all doing business within three blocks?

* You know a mall is dead when it has a food court without any restaurants.

Yes, it is US-41, my bad. As for how they can all be in business... there is no other places to shop, and people will drive in from the surrounding towns to shop there.

As for the food court... hey, they have a vending machine.

I think that Escanaba is on the verge of greatness... all it needs is a spark to get things going.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived