Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Unbuilt Detroit: 2 Detroit Center

12 posts in this topic

20441.jpg

The buildings outlined in gray were proposed, but never built due to low demand in the office market.

OMG that would have been great if those were built I like that tall one in the back

Yeah, it's too bad they were never built. The one in back looks almost as tall as the Ren Cen!

Interesting, I never knew that gothic looking tower had a proposed twin. What project was that tall tower in the background?

I'm not sure. The rendering came with an article & 3 other renderings. I'm trying to get a hold of them so I can post them here, but they aren't easy to find.

I never knew Comerica Tower had a proposed twin either. Those unbuilt buildings would really connect the RenCen with the core.

Yeah, I know. It's too bad none of it was ever built. The recession killed all of it :angry:. Hopefully we'll see some large towers rising in the area sometime in the future though.

You know now that I look at it that building infrot of the Coleman Building looks like a new Madden Building

No, not really. At least not IMO. It looks much different than 150 W. Jefferson. Although both are in the postmodern style, that proposed building just doesn't have the right top on it. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Well i mean to post exect for the top I think it kinda looks like it just no roof

Well whatever it looks like, they should just build it already! It's about time for a new addition to the Detroit skyline!!

There was an entire article about the unbuilt projects of Detroit several years ago. It is in 4 separate parts. It's a lengthly article, but definately worth reading. Download it here.